+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Dating a divorced young 38 y/o lady

Dating a divorced young 38 y/o lady

Any insight would be helpful

My girl friend and i broke up about three weeks ago. We saw each other out sunday night. We kissed and hugged and kissed some more. I text her the next day to say it was nice to see her. Long story short. I tried to get back with her. I went to her house to talk and ended up staying all night. We talked and told each other we loved each other and spooned and kissed. All this was good. She then started talking about not being over her divorce which was 2 years ago. She told me she had been to therapy about us and figured out she has not dealt with her divorce. She wants to be on her own for a while to deal with her issues. To be independent and date around. Not get serious or sleep with anyone . Just date. She than asked if we could date nonexclusively.
    I know she was crushed from her divorce and she says her feelings are numb. Her ex cheated on her many times and she says she cant trust herself to make a good decision. She asked me to go to the track on friday. I don't really know how do deal with this..Anyone have input...
    Last edited by street; 22-05-09 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by street View Post
    Just date. She than asked if we could date nonexclusively.
    Well, it sounds like you can either accept dating her non-exculsively (probably until she finds some one else) or to say you are not interested. I guess it all depends on what you want to do. If you are happy to continue seeing her until you find someone else, then why not.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Its really hard for her right now. She probably doesn't want to get hurt again. If you have the patience then stick around.

I like what lastwish said. I was going to say, she sounds like she has some serious baggage. it's up to you whether you want to deal with it or not.
    Sometimes I worry about being a success in a mediocre world

-Lily Tomlin

Not sure. She might be coming around. she came over last night and stayed. She asked if I wanted to meet her out tonight. then she called today and we talked about tonight. After all that she wanted to say we are not back together. I told her lets play it by ear and she was ok about that. I guess i will stick around for a bit to see how it goes...

Update on my situation..
    We spent most of the weekend together until sunday when she went out with friends on a boat.. I showed my scorpio ways and got jealous. I think I took care of that one..Me and my ways. Just wanted to hear her say how much she cared about me.. I got the exact opposite. I don't think I will be hearing from her any time soon.. Thats sucks..

Sorry to hear that. I was going to say before I saw your latest post that some people say those things---not ready for something more but then say the exact opposite to someone they are really into. When some people find someone they really want, they may contradict themselves.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

I do think she really wanted to be with me and maybe still does.. Time will tell. i think I might have some jealousy issues I need to work on in the mean time..I think I might have hurt her with my lealousy reaction. I think her coming around all week end was her way of letting me know she cares for me.. I responded with jealousy...

I have one more question.
    I talked to my ex today about alot of things. She asked if i was going to get some help for my jealousy. I said yes. She then told me she could not get back with me at this point and two call her next week.. Don't really understand what she is saying. Or is she just having a hard time letting go like myself?

Thanks for everyones help..