+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What do you think about this?

What do you think about this?

Ok so I've been dating this girl for a month or so. We got into a argument and I had some personal things going on in my life, I said some stuff to her that I regret and I hurt her feelings. I've been under some heave stress lately and I just let my emotions get the best of me. We are going to talk and try to work things out, however she is a person who is very unforgiving, I know words might not be enough. I have a good buddy who works in a gym and said he would let us in to use the boxing ring. What do you think of me letting her put some gloves on and attempt to kick my ass to get rid of her frustration towards me lol?

I'm obviously not gonna swing back at her, I thought it would be a cool way to "get it out of your system". Then we could go somewhere else after and hopefully laugh all of this off.

pushing violence on the relationship will NOT help.

In all relationships there has to be a way for the couple to deal with disputes. couples fight there is no way around it. So unless everytime you to argue your going to let her take a swing at you, i'd pass on this idea! Plus, if it takes a K.O. everytime u guys fight to make up, you probably shouldn't be together.

What are you going to do if she floors you, Tim?
    Spammer Spanker

hahah she won't I'm a 3rd degree black belt and I wouldn't let it get out of hand, it wouldn't be a thing that happens all the time.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Tim, if you are a san dan, I'm surprised you would even suggest this.

Let her kick & punch the bag instead. You are asking for trouble, otherwise. There's a reason why Sensei separate spouses in the dojo for training.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

How about just saying "I'm sorry" and promising to control the things you say to her in the future?
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Tim, if you are a san dan, I'm surprised you would even suggest this.

Let her kick & punch the bag instead. You are asking for trouble, otherwise. There's a reason why Sensei separate spouses in the dojo for training.
    hahahaha nice

Umm... Terrible idea because it will go over like a lead brick. My advice would be to be a man and apologize. Maybe something like an obscene big bunch of flowers with a card that says.... "I acted very badly the other night, and am completely at fault. Also, there really is no excuse for why I acted the way I did, and I really feel horrible for doing it. I just wanted to say that I am very sorry, and love to be given a chance sometime to make it up to you.... . Sincerely"..

Thanks Tim Jones, I never thought of apologizing >.>, now that I know to apologize everything should be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by tim2963 View Post
    Thanks Tim Jones, I never thought of apologizing >.>, now that I know to apologize everything should be ok.
    Make sure you DO know how to apologize. It's more tricky than you might think. Apologize for your actions, not for her reactions. "I'm sorry I hurt you and I will try not to do it again" is actively taking responsibility rather than "I'm sorry you got hurt", which is passive and almost makes it her fault for having feelings.

It seems like such a small thing, but it matters.
    Spammer Spanker