+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does he want to be just friends - or is he interested??

Does he want to be just friends - or is he interested??

I am really confused. I think I am falling in love with a really close male friend of mine, and I am starting to think that he is falling for me as well, but I don't know for sure. How can you tell?

He took me to a really nice restaurant the other day, the weather was beautiful and we sat out. He asked if I wanted to buy two things and then share the food... Didnt seem to mind sharing, we were acting like we were a couple lol!

It just felt like we 'clicked'. We've "dated" before (one-on-one-dates) but this time it felt different somehow. Like, when I dropped my napkin we both reached to grab it, and we started sentences at the same time - things like that.

Then he asked me to come up to his flat (I was supposed to borrow something from him), so I went with him to his flat, and it got a bit confusing. At one point I was sitting in a chair and he was sort of lying on the bed looking and talking to me. I was asked him what music he likes to listen to, and he told me I could have a look in his computer if I wanted to, so I started playing some slow songs, and then there was an awkward moment of silence....It felt like he wanted me to kiss him or something, but I wasn't sure, so I didn't.

And the reason I didn't make a move is because we're really just friends!!

But where/when do you cross the line and become more than friends?
    Do friends go out on restaurants like that, and do guys ask girls to come up to their flats on a late evening if they are not interested?

I mean, we have been "dating" for some time now, but every time we seem to hang out just the two of us, which makes me wonder if we are really dating or just hanging out as friends!

I'm just really confused!!
    Does he like me? And why didn't he make a move himself?
    Or was he waiting for me to do something?

Do guys invite just any girls to their flats on late evenings?

Since we are "on paper" just friends I dont want to screw things up by making a move if he's not interested romantically.

I would say, you don't know for sure till you ask, but it seems like there's some chemistry going there.

I have the same with the wifey btw: doing the same things at the same time, starting to say the same things at the same time, finishing eachothers sentences. That's how we knew we had something special when we first dated.

We've been married for 25 years now.

I'm not saying it's a fool proof way of knowing that you'll have a great relation, but it's definitely not a bad sign if it happens naturaly and unconsious.

It's called mirroring. Some people do it on purpose on dates, some people just 'click' naturaly and mirror eachother unconsious.

You'll have to figure out which one it is in your case.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]