+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: am i reading to much into this??

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Time to grow up, Stoke. I don't care if you don't like what I say, it doesn't make me wrong. I read your "upper hand" comment exactly right. Even your response to me says you have an issue with being "wrong" in your mind. I wonder if your wife had similar comments for you.

Anyway, despite what you say about your daughter, I don't need to know your specific case. Statistics are clear about children of divorce. They generally end up with more problems, esp in developing close adult relationships of their own. Its well documented that kids who grow up in a 2-parent household, with parents who can find a way to get along, are better off financially, socially, and emotionally.

Are you parents still together, Stoke? Or your wife's? Just curious. You might want to perhaps consider counselling if either of you are children of divorce. There may be some issues there to unlearn.

Good luck.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Time to grow up, Stoke. I don't care if you don't like what I say, it doesn't make me wrong. I read your "upper hand" comment exactly right. Even your response to me says you have an issue with being "wrong" in your mind. I wonder if your wife had similar comments for you.

Anyway, despite what you say about your daughter, I don't need to know your specific case. Statistics are clear about children of divorce. They generally end up with more problems, esp in developing close adult relationships of their own. Its well documented that kids who grow up in a 2-parent household, with parents who can find a way to get along, are better off financially, socially, and emotionally.

Are you parents still together, Stoke? Or your wife's? Just curious. You might want to perhaps consider counselling if either of you are children of divorce. There may be some issues there to unlearn.

Good luck.
    stats can be made to prove anything, and yes my parents are still together.

For some reason it seems that YOU may have issues, i appreciate your advice BUT there are always exeptions to any rule that you bring up.
    Your saying that my little un will suffer (which is not the case at all) but cant you see that my daughter is a big influence in my decision to try and make the relationship work? Me and my ex were not married, perhaps you can get back on your high horse and come up with more stats to prove unmarried couples aint as good as married ones???

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Numbers don't lie. You are living in a dream world if you think your daughter won't be affected by a divorce. Look around you, tho I suspect you aren't old enough to know many couples w/kids who have divorced. But, you are motivated for your daughter, so this is great. Just remember tho: marriage for the sake of the kids is rarely enough to hold it together. I would suggest counselling for you & your wife if you are serious about reconciling.

I am married w/children. With my husband for almost 20 years. First marriage, both of us.

But yeah, I don't know at all what I'm talking about. Anyway, I wish you well for your daughter's sake.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

ooooooooooooooh i say go 4 it wotz the worst that can happen jus ask how shed feel dnt try kissin her or nowt and if u get gd vibez then yaaaaas (thats yey in scottish) i hope ur happy either way but dont disrespect the new guy by makin any advances just hook up n jam 4 a bit and see if your feelings make u tell her! how excitin

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Numbers don't lie. You are living in a dream world if you think your daughter won't be affected by a divorce. Look around you, tho I suspect you aren't old enough to know many couples w/kids who have divorced. But, you are motivated for your daughter, so this is great. Just remember tho: marriage for the sake of the kids is rarely enough to hold it together. I would suggest counselling for you & your wife if you are serious about reconciling.

I am married w/children. With my husband for almost 20 years. First marriage, both of us.

But yeah, I don't know at all what I'm talking about. Anyway, I wish you well for your daughter's sake.
    as i have said earlier on we aint married, I assume your the best parents ever. Plenty of familys split up and the kids are fine so your generalisation on this matter is laughable, my father works in child care and my parents have been married near on 30 years with 3 kids so perhaps im more qualified than you, being bought up in that environment probably gives me a better insight than your years of marriage.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12