+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Signs a guy wants just friendship vs. more than friends?

Signs a guy wants just friendship vs. more than friends?

How do you know if a guy friend wants to become more than friends or if he just wants friendship?

If you already hang out sometimes, but you're not sure where you stand. How can you tell?

ask.

How you know...

It ultimately depends on the age of a guy... Older guys are much more comfortable talking about their emotions..

For younger guys, however, they are mostly interested in a fun time. Meaning, instead of wondering about whether he likes you or not, my advice would be to ask him out for a fun evening. Then, give him a couple of days to think about it, and take it from there...

You can usually tell if a guy wants to be more than friends. If you doubt or have to ask then he doesn't want to be more than friends.

My advice: Just like salsa, let the guy lead.

So he's not into me, even if he's asked me out for dates 4 times, last time he took me to a really nice restaurant, then he asked me to come up to his flat (I was gonna borrow something from him), and then we just sat there, both of us a bit shy and nothing else happened.

I'd think he just wanted to be friends if it wasnt cause of the fact that we always hang out just the two of us alone and we always do these things like have dinner and stuff.

I don't think it's that simple, that you ALWAYS know if a guy is into you. I often found out/realized later that a guy was interested, but I couldnt tell from his actions back then.

This is the reason Im asking this question...

Quote Originally Posted by ellie View Post
    So he's not into me, even if he's asked me out for dates 4 times, last time he took me to a really nice restaurant, then he asked me to come up to his flat (I was gonna borrow something from him), and then we just sat there, both of us a bit shy and nothing else happened.

I'd think he just wanted to be friends if it wasnt cause of the fact that we always hang out just the two of us alone and we always do these things like have dinner and stuff.

I don't think it's that simple, that you ALWAYS know if a guy is into you. I often found out/realized later that a guy was interested, but I couldnt tell from his actions back then.

This is the reason Im asking this question...
    I hanged out with many guys alone too. And yes...to movies, to restaurants, go to his house, etc. Some of my guyfriends even insist on paying the expenses (they think its manly to do so). An outsider might think its a date. But its not. We were just friends.

If a guy likes you then you'll know. Its just a gut feeling. The question is do you think he likes you? Ask yourself, if you ask him to date you, would he say yes?

then he asked me to come up to his flat (I was gonna borrow something from him), and then we just sat there, both of us a bit shy and nothing else happened.
    And you wanted something to happen? You naughty girl

Maybe he's just shy. Tell him you would like to watch a movie, at his place, at night. Let's see what happens.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

He tries to stick his cock in you.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

i think he want to be more then just friends, if you want to know for sure, just give a little sign...
    put your hand on his hand, start talking about this subject, just ask him.....

How do you know if a guy friend wants to become more than friends or if he just wants friendship?

If you already hang out sometimes, but you're not sure where you stand. How can you tell?
    I'm gonna be blunt with you. No guy wants to be "friends" with a girl. A "normal" guy wants to have sex with a girl. If your "guy friend" acts in a way that is confusing you, i.e. you don't know if he wants to **** you or not:

1. He is gay; or
    2. He isn't "man enuff" to own up to his desire for you;
    3. He is too lame or shy to step up and man up.

What I am trying to say in my own crude way is that it is mighty strange for a man to want to be "friends" with a woman. This is what gay men do. Or he is hoping that if hangs around long enough, you will one day trip, fall, and land on his erect penis, and this will be the beginning of a beautiful relationship without him having to do anything about it. You know, "it just happened"... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sixpacj View Post
    Or he is hoping that if hangs around long enough, you will one day trip, fall, and land on his erect penis, and this will be the beginning of a beautiful relationship without him having to do anything about it. You know, "it just happened"... lol
    HAHAH *lmao* You just said the words I was thinking in my head.

That's kind of what I already knew; most guys who tries to be your "friend", really wants to be more than friends. (I often find out later that guys who tried to be friends with me really wanted to be more than friends).

That's why Im getting a bit suspicious when a guy says he wants to hang out; does he really "just want to hang out"? Seems very unlikely to me!

I know for fact he's not gay, so that is not the case tho

He IS a bit shy, but how shy can I guy be?
    If he asks me to come up to his flat, and I agree, then I expect him to at least TRY to be a little physical with me?? He was just looking at me for a really long time, but he never made a move.

HAHAH *lmao* You just said the words I was thinking in my head.

He IS a bit shy, but how shy can I guy be?
    If he asks me to come up to his flat, and I agree, then I expect him to at least TRY to be a little physical with me?? He was just looking at me for a really long time, but he never made a move.
    Correct. If he asks you over to his place and you agree, this means you are down for sex. It is then up to him to escalate and make it happen.

If you go to his place and nothing happens, i.e. he doesn't make a move one way or another, let him go. If he is indeed shy, and does muster up enuff courage to make a move, you should maybe make him feel like you want the same thing to make it all easier on him.

Yeah, obviously I need to be much more clear with my intentions.

I just wanted to make sure I didn't misinterpret his signals.
    To me at least, inviting someone to your place like that, on a late evening after a date, means he wants to get physical.

It's the first time someone invited me to their place like that, without trying something.

Makes me confused!

Ps. We had Italian dinner. And shared food! Lol. That, if something, is a date-DATE.

He is just soo slow when it comes to getting physical!
    So, how can I speed things up then, without coming across as slutty or cheap??

Just be straight up with the guy. Say I have something bothering me and I just want to know how you feel. I think the guy will appreciate your honesty. You will know then what he feels and you won't be guessing or wondering what is going on in his head.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast