+ Follow This Topic

Thread: New Emotions

New Emotions

Ok, I apologize if this is long. I am a College Student finishing up this summer. I started dating a girl about the last month of last semester, which was not smart on either of our parts because I knew she was and did transfer across the country at the end of the semester for athletic reasons. But we had always had a thing and I figured why not enjoy it while we can. Probably not smart, of course we both got fairly strong feelings for each other. Well she is gone and we still talk every day and things were going great, I am planning to see her in two weeks, then she is coming here the week after that. However she is not wanting to call this a long long distance relationship because she has had them before and they ended awful and doesn't want that to happen. Then last night drew an interesting conversation, she always wants to know about my past and I have been sparing in most details since I didn't want unload all past relationships on her at once. But she found out that I took the virginity of my last girlfriend and this really messed with her head. She has only had sex with two others before me and had said I love you to both of them before having sex. Then I came along and she has not said that to me, and knowing about the past girlfriend she can relate to it and is bothered by it. So now she is saying that dating me just makes her nervous because of how different our pasts are. How can I regain her confidence and make her realize how special she is to me. I do not know if I love her, but I have extremely strong emotions towards her that I have no experienced with any other girl I have dated. Thanks for any help

Well, it sounds like she's looking for reasons to find fault with you. Things are headed in a bad direction. What you need to do is communicate very clearly, it's a necessity in an LDR, and she doesn't seem to make that easy for you.
    Spammer Spanker

We had great communication before. She just seemed to get some mental image from hearing about the last girlfriend, and it really did something in her head. Now she is more reserved with expressing any sort of emotion with me. Which I KNOW is a bad sign

Quote Originally Posted by tyler3184 View Post
    So now she is saying that dating me just makes her nervous because of how different our pasts are.
    What makes her nervous about you taking your ex's virginity?
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~