+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Mixed Signals from Ex

Mixed Signals from Ex

Hi all,

I'm new here and hoping for some advice.

I dated a man for two years. For various reasons (some of which were very understandable), we broke up in January. The timing was bad; it was our two years to the day.

In this and other ways, just before and since our break-up, he's been very insensitive to me, my feelings, and my needs. Our relationship, while we were together, was wonderful, but through the end and since then things have gone between bad and terrible and back again.

Lately he's been hinting that he wants back into my life. I'm still not really over him, I think in part because the whole time between our breakup and now he's been telling me that I'm the love of his life, that he'll never get over me...he just can't be with me. He won't stop emailing, calling, "bumping into" me. Earlier this week he suggested that we might start seeing each other again, but have the diet version of our old relationship.

The entire time, he's gone from hot to cold, which has been really painful for me. I feel that anytime I show him any interest, he pulls back again, but then he won't just leave me alone and let me move on. As much as his offer tempts me, I feel like I've gotten through the worst part of our breakup and have started building a new life beyond it.

I guess I don't need advice. I do know what I should do. Any words of support or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, though!

What are the reasons for the breakup? I need more information. But generally, if you're still not over him, then you need to evaluate whether the relationship is worth spending the time and effort to work out. Is having him in your life good for your own wellbeing (considering what you already know about him?)

Tell him you can't see him or talk to him anymore and cut contact with him at least for a few months. You sound like you're ready to move on and he keeps dragging you back into drama.

Breakups are painful and contact with him is just prolonging your pain. So many posters come to this forum still stuck on their exes. You don't sound like one of these. You sound like you're over him.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Think of it as being humane. Gently, kindly, firmly cut him off and refuse to have any more contact with him. You'll be doing him a favor, since it sounds like he can't do this for himself.
    Spammer Spanker

What Starbuck, the Borg, I mean, Bitch Queen said.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    What Starbuck, the Borg, I mean, Bitch Queen said.
    Oh, what? because I'm everywhere? Just taking advantage of a slacking opportunity at work.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Oh, what? because I'm everywhere? Just taking advantage of a slacking opportunity at work.
    Not you SuperGigaBitch.. the other Bitch....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Oh, I see. How is Starbie the Borg?
    Spammer Spanker