+ Follow This Topic

Thread: moving...

moving...

so this is my story, i'm seeing this guy who i have been dating for 8-9 months, both of our longest relationships have been only a month tops. My boyfriend is absolutely in love with cities, he's even admitted to loving cities more then he does than the actual people whom live inside of them. but there is one city in particular in which he is especially fond of, but the problem is that city is 4 states away from where we live, and he talks about it every day, then yesterday he wasn't sure if he was going to get into the next stage of his college career, and i asked him what he would do if he didn't make it, and he suggested alot of thing but one that he spent more time explaining and talking about was moving to that city 4 states away. he tells me that i'm one of the few people who he actually feels something for and that also is the same way that i feel as well, i tend to shut my emotions other then happiness to other people and he's one of the few i could actually express myself to. he told me he has everything he wants in the city that we are living in and there really is no reason for him to ever leave it, but at the same time he said that city that he wants to move to, that it seems like this city was ment for him to be there, that he belonged there. now i would consider moving with him when the time was right for me once i finished college and all but the problem is i have all my family on both sides (mother and father) all living in or around this city so i find it really hard for me to even consider it. I want him to be happy, and i dont want to hold him back, especially when he's still young and isn't settled down.

i guess what i'm asking is, should i continue to support the idea of him going to this new city and see if our relationship could survive the time, or should i encourage him to stay for my own selfish needs for him and cause he even said he has everything he needs and at his disposal right here in the city we are in. and do mind that we are fairly young (20 and 21) and i'm not sure if that change anyones opinion on what to suggest.

If you love somebody, set them free.

That's how love really works. If you don't really love him, then demand he stay (and ultimately resent you). After all, you don't want to move. He set you free. See what happens.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe