+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is my friend out of line?

Is my friend out of line?

God its been a long time since i posted here.

So i used to see this girl about a year ago, things were going really well for about a month but she went travelling for like 3 months and it fizzled out. When she came back we were both really busy with various things like work and other social activities. We went on a few dates that were spread out across the year and nothing really happened.

I had a party last week and invited her, she stayed late with a few of us (she hadn't met any of the others before) at the end of the party and i decided id been an idiot for letting it slip through my fingers, although nothing happened at the party. She left and the next day we were discussing it and i said to my friends i was going to tell her how i felt. A day or so passed and i was abuot to do it and i find out she asked my friend out, one of the guys she'd only just met at my party.

To avoid embarrassment and knowing she'd asked out my friend i decided not to say anything. Said friend asked me if i minded if he went out with her. Despite me already telling him what i had been planning on doing. I felt like i could hardly say no so i pretended i was fine with it.

I'm now absolutely gutted. I feel like ive wasted an amazing opportunity and im really pining for her and i feel i cant be friends with that guy any more. I can appreciate that this is made worse by wanting something i cant now have, but still feel pretty awful abuot it all.

thats shit of your friend, he must know he is wrong because he had to ask your permission. If you want her that bad, i think you should tell her and see what happends.Whats the wrost that can happen?

I kind of think you're overreacting by saying you can't be friends with this guy anymore-- listen, she asked him out.. clearly her interest is no longer with you.

Honestly, what did you expect her? She met someone she liked and asked him out, he feels the same so he said yes. People aren't property.. you can't lay claim to someone.

You had your chance-- it didn't work out. The fact that it's not working now that you've decided to tell her your feelings should really just clue you in that it isn't going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by alovehangoverr View Post
    I kind of think you're overreacting by saying you can't be friends with this guy anymore-- listen, she asked him out.. clearly her interest is no longer with you.

Honestly, what did you expect her? She met someone she liked and asked him out, he feels the same so he said yes. People aren't property.. you can't lay claim to someone.

You had your chance-- it didn't work out. The fact that it's not working now that you've decided to tell her your feelings should really just clue you in that it isn't going to happen.
    I got to back this guy up here. I meant although it may make you feel like shit, the fact that nothing happened before is a sign nothing was meant to be. Obviously she isn't shy about asking people out, so odds are she wasn't waiting over a year for you to make the first move.

As bad as you feel, i would think you would feel worse later on if you 'took' this opportunity away from your friend by putting ur friendship in the way..

There was a similar situation amongst my group of friends, and in the end it didnt work out either between the girl and the 2nd friend, so its not a guarantee anything happens there either.

Quote Originally Posted by alovehangoverr View Post

You snooze you lose. As sucky as that is.