+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Nervous and not me

Nervous and not me

I'm usually very down to earth, open and talkative person when it comes to socializing. I'm far from being shy. It does not matter if I talk with my male or female friends. But this girl changes everything. Shes incredible, and I want her to see me as I really am. The only problem is that when I'm in her company I get nervous, I talk with different tone, I can't find most of the words and I'm just not me!. We have so much in common but when we get to the point where we're alone with each other, I just can't find a way to start a decent open and relaxed conversation. Can you help me with that somehow? Do you - girls - see that or somehow feel that someone is just not what he really is?. If you know what I mean.

hmmm man you seem to have fallen for her

There is this one guy that i know, who is shy, and well I just wish he would relax! So im just gonna tell you to relax... Sorry but yes I know its difficult but just let it aaall gooo, pretend you dont care. And you know what, if you talk to her and she notices that you are being shy, she might even find that cute.. just as long as thats not constant.

If you cant just relax around her, then give it time. You wil definitely be able to be yourself around after sometime, no doubt

Thanks for reply. And yea, I'm so falling for her. Well I'm going on a concert in a few weeks with her. I hope I wont get all frozen and weirdo. Usually booze helps...but I can't be drunk all the bloody time.

If you have so much in common just ask her, her opinion on something you have in common... "what do you think about X...." Don't even think about it just say it...

Try to forget who you're talking to for a minute and just talk to her like she's one of your regular friends. Striking up the conversation is the hardest part once you get going it's a lot easier.

Be interested in her, ask for her opinions and view points, an if an opportunity presents itself ask her about herself.