+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does She Like Me?

Does She Like Me?

Hey everyone,

I am in college. I am a Junior and 20 years old, and although I am on summer break right now, I have a question.

There is this girl I see around campus. Same age, same year. Every single time we run into each other, she has a big smile and and a hello for me. Every single time.

We have never spoken other than that. We have talked a bit on facebook (we asked each other which apartment each of us is living in next year), but again, no conversation.

Is the big smile and hello her being polite, or is she interested? Is it just a matter of me asking her out, or am I misreading her, and will asking her out lead to embarressment?

I guess its very broad, and I dont have much info, but I guess my question comes down to "Why would a girl smile and say hello to a guy she doesnt know, every single time she sees him, especially when she is much prettier than the guy?" )

Im not an expert at this but maybe i can give you advice.
    Girls allways smile and say hello, and to everybody. But thia doesnt me shes not intrested in you. Personally im a shy guy but what I would do is ask her out in a round about way over facebook. Or a better idea is find out if she has a talent and ask her if she can help you out in that area....maybe ask her for advice on something your thinking of doing and ask her to come take a look. After you find a good few convos with her ask her if she'd like to go for a coffee or s/t.
    good luck

Thanks!

To the rest of you, 30 views and only 1 reply?

I know you can do better!

Next time she say hello, talk to her casually like a friend and if conversation go well ask her for a drinks or lunch. Remember to exchange phone number if you succeeded asking her for drink or lunch

Hmm there is definitely a chance that she might be intersted! Lucky for you
    However, I think she probably finds you attractive and probably wants you to make moves. Not straightforward moves though, but perhaps start talking to her more.. basically take the lead in developing a friendship between you two. And then who knows where that might lead
    Just be nice to her, maybe invte her out with friends, make it a group thing and then see what happens next.
    But don't be completely full on. Take it slow.. well not too slow but just right

Take it easy

and oooooh i reckon you have a chance

good luck!

You need to have an in person conversation. Ask her to go do something, accompany you yo a party you're going to. Be casual at first and you will see from that interaction how she feels about you. Make sure you get a number, communicating through facebook is lame.
    Sometimes I worry about being a success in a mediocre world

-Lily Tomlin

Quote Originally Posted by umstopable72 View Post
    Girls allways smile and say hello, and to everybody.
    Oh, hell, no. No, they don't. We have to be so careful about who we even make eye contact with, for fear of attracting cling-ons that are impossible to shake.

In my experience, we only smile at guys we like or guys that are utterly, completely harmless (like the elderly grocery clerk or the guy that seems to be gay).
    Spammer Spanker

I smile and say hello to everyone.

It's a habit-- I work in a grocery store that is primarily based on customer service and I get paid to do that-- it's a hard habit to break when you work 5-7 days a week.

Your best bet is to try and strike up a conversation with her and get to know her.

I wouldn't take a smile and a hello as anything other than a polite gesture.

never ask her to early for go out
    take some time do talk with her and when u realized that you both are very comfortable then
    simply just be good friends and then see later

i'm somewhat in the same boat with someone i've really began having a crush on (in college)...in person we just say "hi" and have some small conversations, but we talk alot through AIM (we both IM each other, even though i do it a bit more) and have had some real long convos occasionally. i'm a real shy dude but not completely...she's gotten to know my friends and stuff like that, and it seems like she becomes more talkative with them. when we talk, it really seems like there's some tension and she really seems to treat me a bit different than everybody else she talks to, but i don't know. i get all those IOIs..
    i've tried asking her out to get lunch before once but that was online, she said "maybe", i'm going to try it again maybe over the phone this time....the school year ends soon and so my only goal for the next few weeks is to establish something deeper with her beyond talking online, then becoming better friends and MAYBE something different when school starts again in the fall. without question though, this is really driving me insane ><