+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Help! Dating 3 guys at the same time!

Help! Dating 3 guys at the same time!

I have a bit of a situation on my hands. First let me put it out there that I am a gay college student liveing up north, I've been pretty isolated with my work so I havent had the opportunity to date and such for years. So to keep sane I started to meet guys online. In particular I've met 3 guys and they are all great and bad in their own ways. I've totally follen in love with 2 of them. The end of my university is this fall, a month away. I need to make plans for where I am going next in life and I feel like each boy is pulling me in a diffrent direction. I need to choose who I'm going to be with.

Boy #1 - I met this boy unintentially through an interest I have in music. At the time we met I was doing singing online and he was a singing/songwriter so we clicked right away, it was nice to talk with someone with similar interests. He also introduced me to my sexuality since we mess around sometimes on webcam. Ive talked with him for 3 years nearly 3 times a week so I feel like we are very close. Since I first met him hes gone on to become a pop star and wants me to visit him in California.

Thats all great, however the downside to boy #1 is that one time we where talking on webcam when a friend of his came into the room and he said on cam they where going to jerk off together and if I wanted to watch. I freaked out and told him off then went offline and didnt answer the phone for awhile. He later told me it was a joke. But if it was a joke it was a cruel one :/. He has never offered to come see me in Canada and when I asked if he could pay half my expenses when I was in school to see him he said he couldnt (this is comeing from a guy who drives a Mercedes sl500 and lives in his own house in Beverly Hills). Another thing is he has never actually told me he wants to be boyfriends, I get this vibe that he may be commitment phobic or haveing other relationships going on I dont know about.

But I totally love him, I think hes so cute and sweet. I like him probably the most out of all the boys. He lives in California, which makes him more accessible then the other guys because Cali is close to Arizona where my parents live.

Boy #2 - I met this guy 2 years ago. Since day one he has been prince charming, pretty good looking and sweet. In other words he talks to me like boy#1 doesnt. Its clear with him that he wants us to have a monogamous relationship.

The downside is that in the past he has lied to me. He told me 3 times he was comeing to see me up north and never showed all those times. I feel like I cant trust him. We had a minor fight and now he says he comeing end of summer. I just dont know if I should bet on it. Also hes just starting school, he has 4-5 years left and I'm ready to be done and live my life.

He lives in the United Kingdom, so that is VERY far away. It means if we want to be together then I have to spend 4-5 years up north so he can finish here since I doubt he could do school in the states. Im totally sick of this place too...I guess after awhile I feel like I just need to be in a warmer climate now.

Boy #3 - I met this guy a year ago and our relationship has been a fast and quick one. He is a computer tech from Florida, so I am easily able to relate to him. He has his own place so he is 100% independent.

Downside is, he was planning to come see me and when his financial stuff didnt come through he had to cancel and he went out and hooked up with a random guy in a bar (he told me he needed someone physically) and then two days later they broke up and now he wants me back. I really hate that. I have a feeling if I gave him a second chance he wouldnt mess up but I will always have that feeling in the back of my head - will he cheat?

Also like I said he is in Florida so that is far from my parents. But great for the weather and work.

Please help me make a decision!
    Last edited by luxor; 03-06-09 at 11:49 PM.

I don't really like any of your options, luxor. I don't think you've met the right guy yet.
    Spammer Spanker

Uhm.
    None of them?
    Boy #1 seems to be lying to you about where he lives. I doubt he has what he has told you.

Boy #2 is out of the country?

Boy #3 seems reliable...

What's wrong with having a "real life" boyfriend?

[url]www.okcupid.com[/url]
    meet guys in YOUR AREA!!! That you can actually meet in person....

He is the real deal, he is friends in r/l with some of my friends.

However I think your right that these guys, none of them may be good choices.

Well I'm just saying for your sake, wouldn't it be easier to be with someone that lives close to you?

That is the problem. I live up north for school. Where I live, in a small town there is no other gay people. So Im forced to date outside this area.

Well, you're headed back to Arizona really soon, right? Hopefully, you live in Phoenix or something and there's a little more to choose from there.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by luxor View Post
    That is the problem. I live up north for school. Where I live, in a small town there is no other gay people. So Im forced to date outside this area.
    No one that's out...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...owl eyes

Hmm.. I agree with everyone else-- all sound like poor choices.

If you're set on pursuing any of them, meet them first. You've tried to meet all 3 and they've all fallen through or made excuses-- that's shady and should tell you how serious they are about being with you in real life.