+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What am i doing wrong??

Ygg, is your name Eric?
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

Quote Originally Posted by Indignant View Post
    Ygg, is your name Eric?
    Negative Indi. Why do you ask?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

thought i know you for a sec, but if it's not Eric then you don't have twins, right?
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

Quote Originally Posted by Indignant View Post
    thought i know you for a sec, but if it's not Eric then you don't have twins, right?
    LOL.. no.. not that I am aware of at least.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    He's Eric, the half a bee....
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by Ashbee View Post
    haha. I mean we have made eye contact with eachother etc... but i dont even know that he knows my name? but about 2 weeks ago we were walking out a club and he was beside me and was looking at me as if i was going to talk and for some stupid reason i egnored him (see what i mean i just dont know what im doing!)

should i be daring and add him on facebook haha. joking.
    It's not daring, it's getting information. I once added a guy on facebook that yelled his name out of a car at me! Chatted, went on one date, it sucked, moved on! Why the hell are you so scared of being rejected. SO WHAT???? You say "hey? Wanna get a coffee?" he says "No"............and then you move onto target number two.

Like you said, you're not into a serious relationship right now so have a bloody fling already.

It kinda sounds like the only thing that's stopping you from getting a date is yourself. YOU'RE too scared, YOU said you were on the rebound, YOU said you don't know what you're doing. Right now, you're your own worst enemy.

You've already said you look great, you feel great. Get a hobby, do a speed dating thing, go on a blind date, check stuff out, just get out of the damn house. I know you said you're getting out at least once a week, but if you're going out with the mentality of "Oh crap! I don't know what to do!! I'm totally on the rebound and I don't know what to do!!" you aren't going to get anything. Guys seem to have built in radars for this shit.

SO...go out with friends that are daring and get them to challenge you to do stuff like go up to a guy and ask his number. Challenge yourself and do it. You're just lacking in confidence and the only one that can fix that is you. If they say no it ISN'T YOUR FAULT! It's also not your problem. You're sexy, you're hot, you'll find someone who's not currently engaged. Believe me, single men are a lot more common than single women these days.

Have fun! Good luck!

Hellfire that post really excited me

Your just being too hard on yourself. Just let life happen to you don't look for it let it come to you.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

No worries Ashbee. Go get em!

thanks everybody!

it took me about 6months to get over my ex, i started doing dance classes, and joined a theatre company and took up new sports and just like filled up my life and then bout 2 months ago i went to new friends -who i'd met at dance- birthday party and met my current boyfriend, and i wasn't even expecting it,. and now im so so happy, so i agree with Ygg, start new things because it can help you meet new people, and it also made me realise what a douche my ex was, and how boring his life was, and how much happier i was without him, even though i missed him terribly.. but now its all good. keep your chin up!
    Lana Bear

Quote Originally Posted by Ashbee View Post
    thanks for the long post Yggdrasil.
    I have been off work for the past 2days and havent done much... infact, iv not really done anything so hence feeling so crap about things.
    I just want some excitment ... you know? Like to go on a date or something. But this is what im needing advice on... GETTING a date?!
    Dating is a numbers game you ARE going to get rejected. And you will probably be doing some rejecting as well. There will be heartache and you can't protect yourself from it (no one can). The more you try to protect yourself the more you will be waiting. If you are not ready for these cruel realities then don't date yet, take some time out and just enjoy the single life.

If you ARE ready and aren't scared of rejection then go out and look around there are opportunities everywhere. When I was in my prime (last year) I would ask girls out where ever they happened to be, at uni, in clubs, at shopping malls and at the bus stop. It was fun.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12