+ Follow This Topic

Thread: No contact from him. what do I do?

No contact from him. what do I do?

Hi

I recently began a relationship with a man and thought we were into something special. We were forced apart due to his work and now he has had to go overseas to visit a close relative who is the late stages of a terminal illness. Before he left, he called me several times a day, and told me he loved me very much and that when he comes back we will make plans for possibly moving in together. i must admit though it was all very fast.

The last time i spoke to him was as he was boarding the plane. he said he would get in touch in a couple of days but now it has been over a week. After a few days I tried his phone but it goes to message bank. so i sent him a couple of emails like he asked me to do and still no reply.

I have so many worries. i am worried that he has become ill or something or that it has all gotten too much for him. I just want to know that he is ok. i know it is going to be tough going dealing with what he is but I just dont understand why he couldn't just send me a very quick messgae to say he is fine. that is all.

I am trying to be positive and understanding. it has been a couple years since he saw his family. I know I will be low on his list of priorities. so i am trying to think that way and hope for the best. That someday there will be some news. Anything will do. But at the same time it is hard to understand why I have heard absolutely nothing.

What do you guys think. I havent been thru an ordeal with close fmaily like what he is going through. so it is hard to understand how it would feel. any advice would be appreciated. thankyou.

It could be a tough set of ordeals he's going through and if you're relatively "new" in his life...you might not exactly be the "go-to person" just yet...especially if his family is around.

Just be patient...maybe leave a last message to him telling him you're just concerned that you haven't heard from him and hope everything is well. Maybe he's really busy...give the guy a break for a little.

Yes this is what I am thinking also. he might not be able to speak to me as he is grieving with his family. I just want him to know I do care about him and i am here when he comes back. Thanks