+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is he into me? Should I be into him???

Is he into me? Should I be into him???

Ok, here's the situation:
    An old friend of mine just broke up with her husband in a mean way and is dating someone new. I havent seen her in years and just seen her again now to help her move her stuff. That day I met her husband for the first time. After that he found my profile online & wrote me. I just got dumped a couple of weeks ago in a pretty nasty way too so we met up to cry to each other about that.
    I didnt think much of it since we just talked about the ppl we were with, but after that he kept texting and we went to the movies together -WITH another friend! Yesterday we went out just the two of us for drinks and I told him that I dont want to be the reason that he wont get back with his wife... He said nothing is happening between us and that it's cool, but he'd even talk to her to make sure it's cool. I've told her that we're hanging out and she said it's fine with her.
    Somehow I feel like its a huge mistake because he still wants her back, but I do like him and he is always the one to text and ask what I'm up to, tells me I'm beautiful and that he's thinking of me and wants to see me again.
    I dont know if he wants to make her jalous with me, really likes me but is still in love with her or just wants to be friends... I also dont want to get caught in the middle, but I'm much closer to him now than I EVER was with her. We never had a close friendship...
    What is the RIGHT thing to do???

Quote Originally Posted by ***Butterfly*** View Post
    An old friend of mine just broke up with her husband in a mean way and is dating someone new.

I just got dumped a couple of weeks ago in a pretty nasty way too so we met up to cry to each other about that.
    Two things:

1. REBOUND COUNTRY
    2. SPARE TIRE

Do you have any feelings of self worth and don't you think you first should fill that emotional void inside you with self love instead of with someone else?

Go ahead, set yourself up for another disappointement.
    Last edited by Yggdrasil; 08-06-09 at 02:29 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ok, here's the situation:
    An old friend of mine just broke up with her husband in a mean way and is dating someone new. I havent seen her in years and just seen her again now to help her move her stuff. That day I met her husband for the first time. After that he found my profile online & wrote me. I just got dumped a couple of weeks ago in a pretty nasty way too so we met up to cry to each other about that.
    I didnt think much of it since we just talked about the ppl we were with, but after that he kept texting and we went to the movies together -WITH another friend! Yesterday we went out just the two of us for drinks and I told him that I dont want to be the reason that he wont get back with his wife... He said nothing is happening between us and that it's cool, but he'd even talk to her to make sure it's cool. I've told her that we're hanging out and she said it's fine with her.
    Somehow I feel like its a huge mistake because he still wants her back, but I do like him and he is always the one to text and ask what I'm up to, tells me I'm beautiful and that he's thinking of me and wants to see me again.
    I dont know if he wants to make her jalous with me, really likes me but is still in love with her or just wants to be friends... I also dont want to get caught in the middle, but I'm much closer to him now than I EVER was with her. We never had a close friendship...
    What is the RIGHT thing to do???
    One word...

"Run"

Ok, I understand everybody thinks it's a bad idea... I kinda do too, but we're just hanging out. So is it that bad? I mean -to all the guys out there- what is it that HE is interested in with me? Does he just want a buddy to talk to???

jjj is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    if he just wanted a buddy to talk too, i doubt very much he would be calling you beautiful. seems very much like you are the rebound, maybe he wants some fun for a while to help get over her..so using you..either way. id suggest...run...and fast!

Ok, I understand everybody thinks it's a bad idea... I kinda do too, but we're just hanging out. So is it that bad? I mean -to all the guys out there- what is it that HE is interested in with me? Does he just want a buddy to talk to???
    I had a long rant prepared, but it somehow doesn't address your situation...

So allow me the opportunity to repeat myself...

RUN!

(If you can't secure a man of your own)

what is it that HE is interested in with me?
    His penis in your vagina. I can't draw that picture any clearer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    His penis in your vagina. I can't draw that picture any clearer.
    That's my teenage menopause agreeing wagging nub in a bunny burrow to that....

wag

Him being interested is pretty irrevelant.. his feelings about you doesn't change the fact that it's a VERY BAD IDEA and a BAD SITUATION.

It sounds like a bad case of the rebounds on both ends.. and honestly, regardless of who you're closer to now-- this is someones husband. Sure, they may be splitting.. but do you really think getting involved with someone who is STILL married and hasn't had time to accept it and move on is even remotely a good healthy idea?

If I were you, I'd put some distance between the two of you. If you want to be friends-- keep it friends only. Him calling you beautiful/telling he's thinking of you/etc.. isn't "friends only." It's confusing to both of your situations.

Thanks everybody for their very HONEST input... I guess when I read it out to myself it really doesnt sound right.
    I'm gonna take a big step back from him and find myself someone who's all about me Hope it'll be as easy to do as it is to say...

Thanks everybody for their very HONEST input... I guess when I read it out to myself it really doesnt sound right.
    I'm gonna take a big step back from him and find myself someone who's all about me Hope it'll be as easy to do as it is to say...
    I am quite sure there's some great guy out there somewhere just waiting for you. This guy just not the one.

Be gentle on yourself. You made a booboo, it's not the end of the world. Learn from it. Don't make the same booboo again.

You deserve the best right? So take your time to deal with all this, so you don't go into your next relation with a crapload of luggage.

Hope I am making sense here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

i say if you can control your emotions then have a good fuk. nothing's wrong with it.
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things