+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Bank

The Bank

The bank manager at my bank is this very attractive 24 year old woman.

Extremely nice to me. When I come it to the bank and am being attended to by a teller, she always comes by to supervise. When I'm headed to the vault box, she's invariably the person that takes me in and uses the more secluded moment to talk a bit. When she's across the room, I catch her looking at me and we smile at each other in that particular way that says, "Interested!"

Okay, I'm early 40s. And, she's the bank manager. If an opening presents itself, do I ask her out? Or, is the age difference way out of line? Am I developing a form of "island fever" particular to living a small town?

If I ask her out, how to do it without making it obvious to her staff? During one of my vault visits? If I ask her out and she says no, then does that have a huge negative impact on my use of that bank branch office? Normally, I wouldn't care if she said "no" because that's life...but the circumstances make it difficult. I'd imagine she would have to say no because it would breech some ethical standards, right?

I think it might be inappropriate but not because of your age but because of the situation.
    But then again if you don't you will always wonder.

All I can think of is to invite her to informal event, get her some tickets, two maybe for her and a friend, say it's extra tickets and thought she might like to come, not as you date but if she comes you'll know that she might just be interested and you'll have a chance to talk in a more relaxing environment, she'll be 'your' guest and you could ask her to go for a bite to eat after and so on and so on, if you get my drift.

If she does not pitch up, the fact that you approached her and invited her out would make things more 'informal' between you and you could just take it from there.

Good Luck
    Live your life to the fullest and let the regrets of today be lessons for tomorrow

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    1. She's too young for you.

2. It's her JOB to be nice to everyone. If she seems interested outside work, I would take that as more indicative of genuine interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Gottfried View Post
    Agreed. It'd be like saying, "Holy shit! This stripper is rubbing her tits all of my face in this club! SHE MUST WANT MY COCK."
    Not quite. I'm old enough to understand the difference between "paid friendliness" and flirtation.

Nevertheless, the earlier piece of advice about age difference and such makes perfect sense to me. Much appreciated.

I would probably not have the guts to ask her to anything anyway because I'm a 'glass half empty' type of a person

CAM, for all you know she may be one of those galls that's into older, mature men. Who knows.

Invite her for a coffee. What's the harm in walking up to her and saying: I noticed you are doing such a great job and I wanted to thank you by inviting you for a coffee at 'insert favourite coffee shop here'.

That's pretty casual and will give you something to work with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If she's into men that much older, she's got some trouble in her background. We are talking close to 20 years here. Get yourself an emotionally-healthy grown up. At 24, she is still growing up, and you Cam, are pretty much done. You know this is true.
    Last edited by vashti; 10-06-09 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    If she's into men that much older, she's got some trouble in her background. We are talking close to 20 years here. Get yourself an emotionally-healthy grown up. At 24, she is still growing up, and you Cam, are pretty much done.
    I know 20 year old ones with the maturity of a 40 year old and 60 year old ones that are about as immature as a 16 year old teen..

Maturity has nothing do to with age.

I also know couples with a bigger age difference that work out just fine (see Celine Dion and René Angélil for example).
    Last edited by Yggdrasil; 10-06-09 at 11:22 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

CAM, is this the same bank employee that used to blow your skirt up over a year ago?
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    CAM, is this the same bank employee that used to blow your skirt up over a year ago?
    Frankly, I don't recall the earlier example, so I guess the answer is no.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Not thinking yes, Cam. Sorry, not much help, you will already know this:

1. She's kinda young. You really want to be a sugar daddy? Her friends probably take your classes. Enough said.

2. Ask her for coffee & see if she's got more going on than a soap bubble. If yes, then go from there. You'll have to change banks, of course, as she will have access to all your info.

You could ask if her mom is single.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Sheesh. What are you? Brain dead? OF COURSE you ask her out. OF COURSE you enjoy or suffer all the consequences of doing so. Otherwise, you'll look back on it and wonder what might have been. (Not a bad idea to change your bank, thoiugh, beforehand. Just in case.)
    Speak less. Say more.

Yes, I'm sure she's already rummaged through my account information because she's served as my teller a few times, as have all the rest of the nice young ladies at the bank. Given my status, I don't just get a "hello" when I walk in--the place is a regular chorus of "Hello, Cameron!" and lots of "teeth" are flashed and more than a few tits are pushed out against straining bras. Given the dismal interest rates and lousy market returns these days, I count that as a form of Depression era crass preferred customer's bonus.

So, the question is...is her interest legitimate or is her interest really about...my principal? No pun intended.

Either way, the coffee idea is a good one.

Changing banks would practically take a minor Act of Parliament, so that is not an option.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    You could ask if her mom is single.
    Point taken, given that her mother is probably my age Actually, if her mother looked quite that delicious and had the same pleasant demeanor...

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post
    Given my status, I don't just get a "hello" when I walk in--the place is a regular chorus of "Hello, Cameron!" and lots of "teeth" are flashed and more than a few tits are pushed out against straining bras. So, the question is...is her interest legitimate or is her interest really about...my principal? No pun intended.
    haha get a grip you tool.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Boy II View Post
    haha get a grip you tool.
    It's "Loveforum," dude...I think that's its actually supposed to be a mellow place to free express a bit...free express means poetic license at times...so, chill (although just saying this, I'm throwing gasoline on the fire, right?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast