+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ew, Gross

Ew, Gross

I was playing piano (trying to figure out the notes to "God only knows" by the Beach Boys) and I feel something run across my foot.

Well, I tried to tell myself it was a hair or dust bunny.

Nope. Some little spider was sitting by the foot pedal. :Shudder:

I dislike bugs in my house. They can stay outside.
    Sometimes I worry about being a success in a mediocre world

-Lily Tomlin

Actualy, you should be happy you have a spider in your house.

I know it sounds a bit strange at first, but spiders are very picky when it comes to their environment.

They don't just decide to live anywhere. Certain environmental conditions have to be met.

Basically, having a spider living in your house means you live in a healthy place.

Now I do understand that many people have a natural fear or disgust of spiders and I am not telling you to get over that fear or disgust. I'm simply letting you know that there's more to it than just 'having a spider in your living room.. EEEECK'

It's basically a good thing, even if you don't like the little buggers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    that's nothing compared to a story i heard on Kroq this morning, of a man being in his private area by a snake that came out of his toilet.
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ^ Oh gross, what the hell.

Oh, and I kill any spider that's stupid enough to show up in my house.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Yeah, see, I kind of regretfully kill spiders, I'd like to let them live but they gross me out. I've had big black ants in my house, and when I did a major spring cleaning found lots of cocooned black ant bodies.

I just hate it when I wake up with a spider bite. I live in the New England area, so there aren't many poisonous ones, but you really never know, so I just figure it's them or me.

Gott, that spider was probably a female. And thanks I guess Yggie. Sonrisa, that is much grosser.
    Sometimes I worry about being a success in a mediocre world

-Lily Tomlin

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'll take a spider any day.

But I'd love to see the day we eradicate palmetto bugs.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Actualy, you should be happy you have a spider in your house.

I know it sounds a bit strange at first, but spiders are very picky when it comes to their environment.

They don't just decide to live anywhere. Certain environmental conditions have to be met.

Basically, having a spider living in your house means you live in a healthy place.

Now I do understand that many people have a natural fear or disgust of spiders and I am not telling you to get over that fear or disgust. I'm simply letting you know that there's more to it than just 'having a spider in your living room.. EEEECK'

It's basically a good thing, even if you don't like the little buggers.
    Well I don`t agree with You Last year as I was working by the North sea , I was living in a very ugly flat. Actually it was just a imitation of the flat... Well anyway I got so many monster-mutant spiders at home You can`t imagine. They were almost as gross as those in Australia yukkk. I was so freaked out that I wasn`t opening the window in my bedroom for 3 months because outside of it,there was a 15spiders familly,and they were all like 5cm long. It was a horror for me.Each night before sleeping I needed to check whole room if there are no spiders. But anyway the worst thing was to get inside of my home. Each time I was coming home quite late and it was mostly dark already,and I`ve thousands of spiders on my door.I was having a killer spray with me,alwayss. But anyway it always took about 15 min untill I decided to open the doors... Once there were so many,and I accidentally didn`t have my hand gloves and killer spray with me,that after 30 mins standing in darkness I decided to take of my t-shirt and put a key in the lock... I don`t want to experience it never ever again :/
    I wazzzz here

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    we can't help you here if you don't keep your house clean. you pig!!

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Illusional View Post
    we can't help you here if you don't keep your house clean. you pig!!

raverboy
    It`s not that it wasn`t clean. Evrything was just old there....
    I wazzzz here

Quote Originally Posted by Pettit-Papillon View Post
    Well I don`t agree with You Last year as I was working by the North sea , I was living in a very ugly flat. Actually it was just a imitation of the flat... Well anyway I got so many monster-mutant spiders at home You can`t imagine. They were almost as gross as those in Australia yukkk. I was so freaked out that I wasn`t opening the window in my bedroom for 3 months because outside of it,there was a 15spiders familly,and they were all like 5cm long. It was a horror for me.Each night before sleeping I needed to check whole room if there are no spiders. But anyway the worst thing was to get inside of my home. Each time I was coming home quite late and it was mostly dark already,and I`ve thousands of spiders on my door.I was having a killer spray with me,alwayss. But anyway it always took about 15 min untill I decided to open the doors... Once there were so many,and I accidentally didn`t have my hand gloves and killer spray with me,that after 30 mins standing in darkness I decided to take of my t-shirt and put a key in the lock... I don`t want to experience it never ever again :/
    Eh.. Pettit.. not that I want to freak you out ... but aren't you in Spain... homeland of the Tarantulas????
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Eh.. Pettit.. not that I want to freak you out ... but aren't you in Spain... homeland of the Tarantulas????
    Seems like this island is free of spiders I may say, I`ve spent here more than 10 day and I didn`t see even a one spider

Hmmm I thought tarantulas were from Australia or China or something
    I wazzzz here

i like spiders. it's roaches that i cannot handle.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Pettit-Papillon View Post
    Hmmm I thought tarantulas were from Australia or China or something
    Some interesting facts:

The name tarantula comes from a spider that is found in Spain, it lives mainly in an area around the town of Taranto. In fact the Spanish tarantula (The European Wolf Spider, Lycosa Tarantula) is distantly related to the other spiders that share its name.

The tarantula is a small slightly hairy spider (about 2 inches ((5cm)) across). It is not dangerous to humans!

The people of the Spanish town of Taranto, believed that if they were bitten by they spider that they called tarantula, if the bite was not treated quickly, that they would die.

The only way to survive it's bite, they believed, was to do a dance called the Tarantella (hence the name tarantula). This involved very fast spinning and jumping until they could dance no more and fell to the ground exhauasted. This the locals believed was the only cure.

For some reason tarantula’s reputation isn’t that good. Maybe because they are big. Maybe because they are hairy. Maybe because they are poisonous. Well, yes, they are big, and hairy. They do have poison, but it can’t kill a person unless you’re allergic to it. For most people, tarantula bites are no worse than a bee sting.

Nowadays, all large hairy spiders have been given the name tarantula, even though many are only very distantly related to the real tarantula (Brachypelma Smithi). Tarantulas are often called bird eating spiders, very few actually eat birds, those that do usually raid nests and take the young chicks, most however, like our native spiders only eat insects.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Gottfried View Post
    Does anyone ever read Ygg's posts in their entirety?
    Yeah.. me. Now eff off sweetheart.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I like spiders, they eat flies & other bugs. Tho their bites can be nasty. I watched for over 30 minutes a bunch of babies be born & fly off just recently.

But, when we were in Oz, those things were quickly removed from our flat. We had some larger than my hand living outside in the deck corners b/f I swept them away.

Ask Mish about funnel webs. Spiders are to be respected in some parts of the world.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast