+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Love or life?

Love or life?

Yeah, I know, the title of this thread is probably a little exaggerated but I kinda feel like this, in a figurative sense of course.

Even if there's not that much to say, I'd like to get some advice from you. The story goes like this. I've been with my bf for almost two years and it's really the most serious thing I've had so far. This is mostly because he's a very serious and very caring person. He's really made me feel very comfartable and confident in this relationship, something I haven't felt before. I guess, what I want to say is that I very much appreciate things like they are right now and I count myself very lucky to be in the place I am.
    However, for next year I got the possibility to continue my university studies in Moscow. This is really a great offer and looks very promising. In addition, my former dance teacher returned to Moscow a couple of years ago, so if I went there, I could study and perform with her again which would be really exciting. Overall, it'd be a great thing to do for my studies and for my dancing.
    The problem is that my bf turned down a similar offer he had from an australian university last year. Although he didn't specifically do that for me, I even encouraged him to go, he still didn't go and never really told me why. He just doesn't want to talk about it.
    The dilemma is that currently I feel that I'll be unhappy if I turn down the offer because it'd be like passing up a golden opportunity. On the other hand, if I go I don't really know how and if at all our relationship will continue.

Any thoughts, advices or encouragement are very, very much appreciated.

Tessa
    Dance is a song of the body. Either of joy or pain. ~ Martha Graham

Quote Originally Posted by TessaMarie View Post
    However, for next year I got the possibility to continue my university studies in Moscow. This is really a great offer and looks very promising. In addition, my former dance teacher returned to Moscow a couple of years ago, so if I went there, I could study and perform with her again which would be really exciting. Overall, it'd be a great thing to do for my studies and for my dancing.
    The problem is that my bf turned down a similar offer he had from an australian university last year. Although he didn't specifically do that for me, I even encouraged him to go, he still didn't go and never really told me why. He just doesn't want to talk about it.
    The dilemma is that currently I feel that I'll be unhappy if I turn down the offer because it'd be like passing up a golden opportunity. On the other hand, if I go I don't really know how and if at all our relationship will continue.

Any thoughts, advices or encouragement are very, very much appreciated.
    I suggest you do what you feel is best for you.

Opportunities like this probably come only once in a lifetime, while lovers, boyfriends or partners are a bit easier to come by.

I also would say, what is important to you should be important to your partner.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I agree with Yggdrasil.
    And if he really cares about you, he should be happy to some extent you are so lucky as to have those opportunities. He might be kinda bummed but he should understand.

it's best to talk to him and not decide on ur own, maybe he will surprise u.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If he loves you, he will support you and be happy for you to take advantage of great opportunites in your life. Bottom line.

I think if you didn't take this opportunity, you'd kick yourself for it until the day you die. I say just do it, tell him you've made that decision, and hopefully he winds up being a good guy and encourages you.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi