+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Describe your ideal partner.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I love it when girls wear sweatpants. You can see their ass bouncing around!

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Why should a traditional-minded woman do all that stuff? That makes no sense, unless the couple are Amish or something.
    I've done lots of those things (for fun). You are right - they are costly, and to be honest, the results weren't always the best. Besides, no one in my family would eat the canned fruit. They prefer fresh fruit. Now I bake peach pies and give them to pretty much everyone we know just to get rid of them.

I tried knitting a sweater for my boy once when he was little. What a bore that was! I like sewing, though. It's great for Halloween costumes, although again - it is cheaper to buy one, and if you are sewing for kids, they don't care about the improved quality.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I've done lots of those things (for fun). You are right - they are costly, and to be honest, the results weren't always the best. Besides, no one in my family would eat the canned fruit. They prefer fresh fruit. Now I bake peach pies and give them to pretty much everyone we know just to get rid of them.

I tried knitting a sweater for my boy once when he was little. What a bore that was! I like sewing, though. It's great for Halloween costumes, although again - it is cheaper to buy one, and if you are sewing for kids, they don't care about the improved quality.
    Exactly, I figured you have. Me too, tho I learned to sew & knit for my own intellectual interest, largely just to have the skill. I view it as a hobby, like painting or music. Also b/c I bought a sewing machine so I needed to learn to use it. Of course, I also know how to use most power tools and install electrical sockets for the same reason. I've only ever installed two in my life, mind, which are currently being replaced by a proper electrician (they did work, tho, I'm just paranoid & he's here now anyway).

My point to Doc is that its actually NOT financially responsible to run a modern home the way he describes. He must know this, tho, so assuming he was being facetious, I guess I'm having a hard time understanding his argument.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Exactly, I figured you have. Me too, tho I learned to sew & knit for my own intellectual interest, largely just to have the skill. I view it as a hobby, like painting or music. Also b/c I bought a sewing machine so I needed to learn to use it. Of course, I also know how to use most power tools and install electrical sockets for the same reason. I've only ever installed two in my life, mind, which are currently being replaced by a proper electrician (they did work, tho, I'm just paranoid & he's here now anyway).
    I never was brave enough to deal with electrical stuff - I am afraid that an electrical fire could result. I also never could get myself to do plumbing. When I layed a tile floor in my bathroom, I was gagging just going near the hole the toilet sits over! haha

I was actually thinking of contacting the local theater house to see if they need help with costuming. That might be fun.

My point to Doc is that its actually NOT financially responsible to run a modern home the way he describes. He must know this, tho, so assuming he was being facetious, I guess I'm having a hard time understanding his argument.
    Who knows? He seemed hell-bent on discussing feminism for some reason.

My idea partner would be a down to earth, mature woman in her late 20's early 30's with redhair between 5'4 and 6ft between 130LBs-150 (depending on height) with an I.Q. of 225 or higher who loves out door activities, who is spontaneous who likes both my "boyish charm" and my direct personality.
    Idealy she would be well experienced in life and had had a long term relationship before.

Doesn't sound like I'm asking for to much but apparently a woman like this doesn't exist.

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    my ideal partner will be loaded with money.
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    IQ of 225? LOL

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    IQ of 225? LOL
    i guess he doesn't know what IQ is.
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    i guess he doesn't know what IQ is.
    Well mine is 235 as tested by the Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham Berkeley View Post
    Well mine is 235 as tested by the Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale.
    That was probably your combined subjects score. The median IQ score is only 100, and I think >140 is considered genius. Additionally, Wechsler is not considered accurate for people with either very high or very low IQs.

[url]http://psychology.wikia.com/wiki/Wechsler_Adult_Intelligence_Scale[/url]
    Last edited by vashti; 17-06-09 at 01:54 AM.

he's a super-genius. he's a robot.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

That was probably your combined subjects score. The median IQ score is only 100, and I think >140 is considered genius. Additionally, Wechsler is not considered accurate for people with either very high or very low IQs.

[url]http://psychology.wikia.com/wiki/Wechsler_Adult_Intelligence_Scale[/url]
    Could be but whatever sclae or combined total they used to get my score I'd like a woman with something close. To bad there is no way to screen for it when dating

smart girls are in.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Smart girls are in what?

Unfortunately, it seems like all the stupid ones are breeding, while the smart ones are weighing their options. The gene pool is being polluted if you ask me.
    Sometimes I worry about being a success in a mediocre world

-Lily Tomlin

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast