+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Girls Help, I'm in a touchy spot with my EX

Girls Help, I'm in a touchy spot with my EX

Some of you may be familiar with my situation, but I will recap a little.

She left me after 7 years, 8 months ago. I wasnt the man I should have been for her, was depressed, irresponsible, and uncaring. I really dont know what happened to me, but the important thing is that I am 100% better now and she sees it.

We have had drinks twice in two weeks and both times we talked about US quite a bit and it always ended up with us making out. I asked her to lunch, but she said she had plans. The next day, she called and said that she lied because she didnt know if we should get back into seeing each other on a regular basis. But she also said she wanted to see me right now, and that I should come pick her up at the bar and go to another one.

Long story short, we spent the day having sex (she couldnt keep herself off of me), talking about our relationships, our future, our growth, and how we feel about each other. Some things that were said by her were:
    I love you so much.
    You've got to be the man for me that I know you can be.
    I forgot how good it was (after sex)
    I dont know what I would do with myself if you left me (after talking about possibly moving)
    You are a completely different person from the one I left.

You can see why I am so encouraged but also confused. Everything seemed to be going in the right direction because at least I know how she feels about me, and I can focus on being the man that she deserves.

BUT, yesterday, I dropped some things off to her at work, and things were kind of awkward. She sent me a text that said, "Thanks for the ----, Dont mean to be weird but it just feels a little weird after the other day. Take care and talk to ya soon."

I know she is talking to some guy that lives in another city, but she says "its not like that" (whatever that means), I never asked or acted like I cared about her other guys, heck, we even talked about our single sex lives a little.

I just want some opinions on what my strategy should be for the next days,weeks. I am resisting the idea that she just wanted to see if she could have me and is going to continue going about her business, because she is not that kind of girl. I know everyone says that but she wouldnt do that deliberately.

Anyone been through this part of the dance? Anyone make it out with a reconciliation? Or the opposite?

Were things akward the other day because we both dont know what we should do? IS she scared that I am not really different? SHould I let her do all of the contacting?

What should I do, Im going crazy. You would think that knowing exactly how she feels about me and how much is still there, it would put my mind at ease, quite the opposite.
    Last edited by catfish1199; 15-06-09 at 07:38 AM.