+ Follow This Topic
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Zekk vs. Billy: Closemindedness

I hate the government and think they should have no part in anything. So it would not be a good debating subject.

3 things i dont debate. Sex, Politics, Religion.

Who debates sex? Its meant to be done, not talked about. But what I am talking about is a debate like, "lower trade tariffs," "stop genocide in Sudan," "attack North Korea," etc. Tell me what debate you have in mind before we begin with it.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul
    Now I'm just another number
    at the Center for Disease Control

i dont deal in politics at all. war is a politic also. At least to me it is. Pick a different subject.

You can debate a policy without wholly agreeing with it, the purpose isn't necessarily to convince people, but to expose them to all the sides of the issue. You can choose a policy if you wish to defend it, it can even be Bush's space exploration initiative, legalizing marijuana, or abolishing the electoral college. I'll have no difficulty arguing the opposite side, even if I strongly agree with your advocacy.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul

well.... seeing that I know like maybe 0.01% about policies (because i choose not to know) it will be a dead debate yet again, and I am affriad that this one will be even worse off than the last even if i reverse debate because i know nearly nothing on the subject.

My strong area of study is science, math, and electronics. I do know alot about wars and history, but not enough to go debating about shit - I will get knocked really quickly there. And politics and government issues i am totally lost with because i really dont know much about them - i hate the government so i am ignorant to what they say and do.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyGalbreath
    well.... seeing that I know like maybe 0.01% about policies (because i choose not to know) it will be a dead debate yet again, and I am affriad that this one will be even worse off than the last even if i reverse debate because i know nearly nothing on the subject.

My strong area of study is science, math, and electronics. I do know alot about wars and history, but not enough to go debating about shit - I will get knocked really quickly there. And politics and government issues i am totally lost with because i really dont know much about them - i hate the government so i am ignorant to what they say and do.
    Almost all topics fit into politics or religion. Even something like space exploration has political ties to it. I think it would be okay to debate something that has political ties attached to it (such as war), just as long as people try to avoid the political aspects that are attached to it (although that would be hard with some topics).
    If a dream comes true... then is it still a dream?

erm... no lets not get into the war thing again....very very bad idea..lol
    - Claire -

I've already done a small bit on war and it ended with a guy harrassing me for 3 or 4 days before he got banned from this site. Not good to debate about things such as war - too many ties to politics. thats all war is - politics. Who has the bigger army ? Who can fight harder ? Who can take over more land ? War is government's ego. Government is politics. No way no how am I debating about war again.

I'm not like those guys, Billy. Thats why I can argue any side. Arguing math or electronics is not only lame, buts its truistic, there isn't adequate ground between both sides. On the other hand, in the context of international relations, there is a fair ground distribution, there are a lot of topics, and its educational.

By the way, I'm not a big fan of the government myself, but it really worried me when you say, "politics and government issues i am totally lost with because i really dont know much about them - i hate the government so i am ignorant to what they say and do." What point is there to fostering an opinion like that if you can't even back it up? My advice, learn politics. If you hate the government, there should at least be one issue that pisses you off that you're knowledgeable on.

Give me an example of a debate you are interested in.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul

well shit - I totally forgot about this thread - lets see ... I still cant think of any good subjects at this time... How about you start any debate on any subject and I will try to join that debate - I'm not a total idiot, so I should be able to jump into just about any debate - and lets go ahead and allow politics if you want - still no sex or religion debates tho...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456