+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Zekk vs. Billy: Closemindedness

Zekk vs. Billy: Closemindedness

Alright, since Billy and I had mentioned a debate I thought I'd go ahead and start off with a topic. Today I'm going to talk about closemindedness.

For me, nothing in this world can get to me, nothing can bother me in the least save for one thing.....ignorance. With the recent incident with sweetie one of the foundations of ignorance was shown, this is closemindedness. Having a closed mind isn't just believing firmly in something, it's stubbornly holding onto an opinion and never allowing any other thoughts or ideas of others to enter your mind. Forming one's own opinions and beliefs is essential and I in fact encourage it. But never allowing any other ideas to influence you is a surefire way to stop your human progression immediately.

These are very basic thoughts about the subject, I'd like to hear your basic stance to see if there's anything here we can debate about, if not we'll hafta find something we have different opinions on. We'll just hafta see I suppose.
    Heit ist mein taug.

you guys are probably closed minded maybe because you are afraid to try new things or believe that if you picture what another person has to say in your mind, you already believe it to be obsurd or crazy within itself? i've learned to be more open minded. it helps to realize nobody is unbreakable. but you might think otherwise.
    "Don't be afraid to fail because only through failure do you
    learn to succeed." "Oh and be careful what you do...you'll never know who's watching..."

Quote Originally Posted by PandaCivic
    you guys are probably closed minded maybe because you are afraid to try new things or believe that if you picture what another person has to say in your mind, you already believe it to be obsurd or crazy within itself? i've learned to be more open minded. it helps to realize nobody is unbreakable. but you might think otherwise.
    Where exactly is that coming from? Where have I protrayed a close-minded attitude?

This debate with Billy has ended before it started, he's AWOL.
    Heit ist mein taug.

I'll be honest wit you guys and frankly........this thread is boh-ring!
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?

Panda, Zekk wasn't saying HE is closeminded. It was supposed to be a debate, Billy having called him out in another thread. It would have been interesting to see what kind of thoughts came out of this thread. Too bad...
    And Nice....to each his own, I guess. Can't be THAT boring. You posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Nice Lover Boy
    I'll be honest wit you guys and frankly........this thread is boh-ring!
    Threads do tend to be uninteresting when you have nothing to do with them but nose your way in and try to make a place.
    Heit ist mein taug.

Nose my way in?
    I was stating my opinion. Isn't that what you asked for?
    And in support of your thread, I get a ridiculous reply.
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?

Whoa ! I just now saw this thread ! Someone pick a subject - I aint good at picking subject to debate about.

Pick a subject to debate about?

How about Peanut Butter vs. Jam? ..... ok no ?

Pro's and Con's of Censorship

I think censorship is stupid. Why the hell should we have to censor our ****ing words when you know your kids are hearing/saying them at school and other places where you arent. I mean come on. Why do we have to bleep out certain noises that come out of our mouths (noises as in words - thats all words are, certain noises) -- "I have an idea ! lets bleep out the sound of all cars on tv. Cars are bad for young kids to use - they can run themselves over or hit someone"....... See thats just plain ass stupid...

Quote Originally Posted by BillyGalbreath
    I think censorship is stupid. Why the hell should we have to censor our ****ing words when you know your kids are hearing/saying them at school and other places where you arent. I mean come on. Why do we have to bleep out certain noises that come out of our mouths (noises as in words - thats all words are, certain noises) -- "I have an idea ! lets bleep out the sound of all cars on tv. Cars are bad for young kids to use - they can run themselves over or hit someone"....... See thats just plain ass stupid...
    Unfortunately not a good debate topic seeing as how I agree with you. Censorship of language, nudity and violent images only make them taboo. By making them so protected from children increases the curiosity of kids to find out what this stuff is. Just like if there were no drinking laws like in most of Europe underage drinking wouldn't be any big deal at all being as how we'd all be used to it from a young age.
    Heit ist mein taug.

Well, if you want a good debate topic, think of a topic that you are adamant about. For example, sweetie_88 was adamant about religion, and talked about it all the time. She was also very closed-minded. People tend to become less tolerant of different opinions when it comes to subjects that they have very strong opinions about.

Maybe some good topic starters:
    Abortion: Good choice, or murder?
    Stem cell research: Immoral, or able to save millions of lives?
    War: Useful, or not? Thoughts about current struggle in Iraq?
    Presidential Election: Analysis of Kerry's choice of John Edwards for VP candidate.
    Presidential Analysis: Bush's performance in his term.
    Economics: Economic recession Bush's doing, natural, or other circumstance?

When thinking of a debate topic, almost anything religious or political will usually spark heated argument.
    If a dream comes true... then is it still a dream?

I don't care however, I think think that religion would probably not be a good topic to debate. After all, no matter how hard you try to stop it from happening, eventually a hardcore Catholic or Christian will come in to say something like "Well, all I know is that there is a god and heaven and that I will go to heaven and that all you non believers will burn in HELL!!" or something to that extent.... believe me, i've seen it dozens of times before. I'm not trying to say that religion is wrong, or anything like that. I'm just saying that nothing gets to me more than closemindedness with topics like religion.
    "Experience is the name every one gives to their mistakes."

Only things I won't talk about are religion and politics. Because first off, they bore me, secondly people take their opinions as fact far too often and get offended, and lastly in the grand scheme of things they're a waste of time to sit and talk about. Beliefs are fine but religion is a total waste to talk about.
    Heit ist mein taug.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    speaking of being open minded...anyone up for some sex? there is always a new way to spruce things up and change around your relationship, you just have to think of new ways to heat up the first. yes i know it was very off topic, but i am changing the closemindedness of this thread, to being more open minded. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast