+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How to lose man boobs.

Every male has mammary glands, they are just very small.

I don't think this is a matter of a bunch of estrogen or androgeny. Judging by the pictures, it just looks like you're a couch potato who needs to work out more.

Pushups, bench press, curling, bridges, butterflies, etc. Just do those kinds of exercises. Use dumbells. Pick a weight that you can do 3 sets of 8 repetitions.

I looked like that when I was around 18. I've been lifting weights for about 14 years since then so I have some experience on this. They don't look bad they are just lacking muscle to make them look that way. I would do bench press, incline press, decline press, and flys....anything to do with building the pecs. I would do heavy weight, low reps one day and then the next day you do chest I would do low weight, high reps. When you're at home you can always do push ups. If you don't give up I'm sure they will improve.

Good luck!
    Last edited by Texas; 19-06-09 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbleezyj View Post
    Alright guys I'm pretty skinny but I have man boobs. I'm 5'11'' and weigh 170. I'm curious if anyone out there knows what exercises I should be doing to try to target and eliminate my man boobs? Should I be using heavy weights and short reps or light weights and many reps?

Targeted exercises? Ways to decrease my estrogen levels or anything? I'm 20 and have had these for a couple years and really want to just get rid of them. I hear people say they will go away in time but I want to do something about it now. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Maybe you should ask a good doctor too. If an hormone thing they probably can prescribe hormone medicine to fix that while your still young.

Find out what your options are. Beside exercise. I think surgery is also possible. See what the doc says.
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Certain medications can cause this problem, especially steroids. If you see an endocrinologist within the first couple of years of onset, they may be able to reverse this without more invasive treatment. Also, some males outgrow this, especially if the onset was related to puberty.

Oh god, wtf. People take pills nowadays to get into shape instead of working out??

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    If you see an endocrinologist within the first couple of years of onset, they may be able to reverse this without more invasive treatment.
    Oh god, is it politically incorrect these days to say surgery?

Where's George Carlin when you need him...

olie843 says:

"^^ Thats bullshit.

cut back on sugar foods and refined carbs like white bread that raise blood sugar levels. Also cut down on any booze and saturated fat while upping your activity level.

Weight training will firm up your chest, but you'll also need to do some aerobic exercise to burn calories.

Do something that raises your heart rate for 45 minutes, five times a week. Try running, swimming or football."

OP, don't listen to this dumbf*ck. Advice like his is how people hurt themselves. You need to see a physician who can recommend proper treatment. You mentioned you're already pretty skinny. So I don't know why others are telling you to diet and perform more cardio. Weights won't help either since they primarily build the muscle instead of eliminate fat. You most likely have some kind of hormonal imbalance that needs to be treated by a doctor.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    He looks normal to me. I agree, you don't need to diet or do more cardio (but you should be doing some, just to stay healthy).

Strength training is good for you, for lots of reasons not just to build muscle. I think you should try this for a few months & see what happens. Haven't you guys seen those before/after photos of teenagers who do Basic Training? Of course a proper strength training program can help.

Just find someone who knows what they are about. Don't ask the local gym monkey, chances are you'll be hurt. Get some books out of the library, or ask a certified trainer (with a degree from a college you've heard of) if you can do some work with them for a few hours.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Before I was on a wrestling team (wayyyy back when I was barely a teenager), I had "man boobs" too. But from day 1 of wrestling practice, we started out with running laps around the gym walls for 15 minutes every day, doing 100 pushups in a row, intense wrestling drills, and then hitting up the gym for some weight training. I gained maybe 30 lbs of muscle mass for doing that. I haven't worked out as much since I quit a few years ago, but I still have most of that mass.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    He looks normal to me. I agree, you don't need to diet or do more cardio (but you should be doing some, just to stay healthy).

Strength training is good for you, for lots of reasons not just to build muscle. I think you should try this for a few months & see what happens. Haven't you guys seen those before/after photos of teenagers who do Basic Training? Of course a proper strength training program can help.

Just find someone who knows what they are about. Don't ask the local gym monkey, chances are you'll be hurt. Get some books out of the library, or ask a certified trainer (with a degree from a college you've heard of) if you can do some work with them for a few hours.
    You know, I thought I was crazy or blind when I read how everybody suggested hormone pills and surgery and to go to the doctor and whatnot. I think he looks normal too. Average. Nothing a little elbow grease won't fix.

both of you must be blind if you think a skinny 20 yr old man with the breasts of a pubescent girl looks "normal."

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Its one photo Neo, and objectively, it just doesn't look that bad. One poster already said he had the same and training helped. I've seen lifeguards at my son's swimming lessons with something similar. They just look a bit skinny and untoned.

That said, you aren't a medical doctor. So, everyone who has suggested he go see one is absolutely correct. Perhaps he has a problem; more likely not.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I read an article a while back about how some 95% of men who think they have Gynecomastia really don't have much of any mammary glands (That is, average-sized mammary glands for males), but rather just a buildup of fat tissue over the pectorals. In that case, it is something that can be mitigated with some exercise and diet. It makes sense to me. After all, our bodies don't all store fat in the same places - some of our bodies store just as much fat in the pectoral area as in the lower abdomen. That condition is ironically called Pseudogynecomastia.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    There are different types of gynecomastia, and they aren't all composed of adipose (fat) tissue.

JBleezy, I don't think you look bad either, but if you are bothered, see your doctor.

See your doctor first. I agree with NewSeminole & Vashti.

If it a hormone thing it could probably be treated early on. If you wait to long it may make things more complicated.

Hopefully it may be nothing.
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast