+ Follow This Topic

Thread: so confused!

so confused!

so there is this girl that I really like. We have forged a very strong relationship as friends I think. She never ever did this one period's homework when school was in (its summer now) so I had to help her out at lunch with it. I think we are really close, we exchange e-mail practically everyday except when we are away on vacation with the families. so we are really good friends but I am hot on her. I'm too afraid to ask her out or anything because im not a very cool person at school at all. I'm considered a dork because I tend to concentrate on school a lot and the only sport i play is tennis which most people say isn't a sport and people automatically think im bad because of my small size. We have of course had fights through e-mail but resolved them usually when she suddenly writes a huge im really sorry note. it's strange like i read her e-mail that she sends me and i detect things that I want to think mean she likes me. For example, she asked me once what I look for in a girl and what type of girl I think is pretty. And she told me that she watched a movie where two really good friends fell in love. I don't know if she likes me or is just friendly with me. She teases me a lot about these two girls that she thinks I like (but i don't) so, yeah, what should I do? thanks in advance!
    Pods-14 year old male, soon to be sophomore

I think you should just confront her; it's not good for you to keep wondering what these things mean. I f she doesn't like you in the way that you do, then you'll have to accept it and then try to keep your relationship (assuming that you want to). Girls tend to display confusing signals it just SUCKS!
    Time answers the darkest fears

Tell Her How You Feel... Then Ask/determine If She Feels Same Way.

Not all girls have the same way of reacting with guys they like,but for me,those were the things I would ask and do if I was in love with a guy.But maybe thst's just me,so the best way to know is just asking her.
    And by the way tennis is a AWESOME sport!I so like it(as I also do love basketball)!

All I can say is this man. Don't let it linger to long. It gets worse and worse. It gets so bad that you might go crazy. Trust me, it happens. Just ask. If no then I dout that she would want to trash a perfect friendship. That would be ignorant.

ok thanks! but now how do i tell her how i feel? because its summer and i wont see her for a while (not until start of sept) and the only way i can talk to her is through e-mail. so should i wait?

just email her and tell her that you have been thinkin lately and you think she should know that you have feelings for her. and you want to know how she feels about it and if she feels the same. and as for the tennis thing. I LOVE IT!!!!! its my favorite sport. i play for my school. dont let anyone tell you its stupid if its what you like.

I'd suggest not rushing into findin the truth. She is putting time and dedication into you (well it seems that way). Remember she might be thinking the same as you.
    Just keep this good relationship strong. Maybe start teasing her by being a little romantic..

i was real mad at myself bc the day before i subscribed to this site we were talkin about going to the pool and etc. and she said dont swim laps at the pool (i do bc it helps my stamina for tennis) meet a hot girl! i wonder what should i have said?