+ Follow This Topic
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Ladies... how important is a man's job to you???

For me, as long as if they are able to take care of themselves and any additions they want to add into their life (children, home, cars, etc...), and if the job is respectable (meaning you're not stripping or pimping) then I will understand. Being responsible is a big thing with me because if you don't make a lot of money... don't go off buying shet you can't afford and create debt for yourself.

Money can't buy everything. Money can't buy happiness. I'll choose 50K USD income, living in a 150K house in low cost of living area and happiness before I choose 100K USD income living in a 450K house in high cost of living area and be miserable with my spouse.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I choose happiness AND not being flat broke.

Hehe, I knew someone would say that. But if I had a choice between the two I would choose happiness and a modest imcome. Of course I will be making over 100K anyway once I get established after the postdocs and I was already living well with the ex fiance but was miserable. Now I am broke and happy. Depending where you live 50K USD is not broke. That is, if you live alone or with a working spouse and no children.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think that "living on love" is fine when you are young and are only responsible for yourself, but your needs change when there are children involved. While I might be willing to do without quite a lot, I am absolutely unwilling to have my kids do it. They are not especially extravagant kids, but their educational costs are our number-one priority. I refuse to send them out into the adult world in debt.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I think that "living on love" is fine when you are young and are only responsible for yourself, but your needs change when there are children involved. While I might be willing to do without quite a lot, I am absolutely unwilling to have my kids do it. They are not especially extravagant kids, but their educational costs are our number-one priority. I refuse to send them out into the adult world in debt.
    Yeah, you'll raise another generation of spoiled entitled rich kids with no understanding of the outside world beyond their nice, convered middle class shell.

You guys can have fun voting for the Republican party together.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by BoredGeorge View Post
    Yeah, you'll raise another generation of spoiled entitled rich kids with no understanding of the outside world beyond their nice, convered middle class shell.

You guys can have fun voting for the Republican party together.

I bet you feel your mother didn't love you, don't you?

Now I'm curious what some people on the LF make hehe. There seems to be a general relationship between forum posters and income/career goals.

I bet you feel your mother didn't love you, don't you?
    No I love my Mum.

but their educational costs are our number-one priority. I refuse to send them out into the adult world in debt.

i have to say that is the biggest disadvantage of being an american. the cost of college. it really defines you as a nation and increases the have's from the have not's. it's barbaric and can only increase the frustration and crime and depression with the have not's. it also increases the stress the people on middle ground in between the have's and have not's have because they are struggling to have a good education in order to have a good job in order to educate their choldren and the stress cycle continues.

people you need to stand up to your government and demand free education instead of the government spending money on other useless shit. education is important of course but whats happening is the gap between the educated and rich and uneducated and poor is increasing at a detrimental rate.

i feel sorry for you guys over there.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post

Well, you shouldn't. We have the best universities in the world, and I don't begrudge the cost. Besides, where I live, there are excellent community colleges you can attend for the first two years that are ridiculously inexpensive - so inexpensive in fact, they are contributing to the bankruptcy of the state. Where I live, the vast majority of students get through at least the community college level.
    Last edited by vashti; 21-06-09 at 08:23 PM.

The 2005 U.S. military budget was almost as much as the rest of the world's defense spending combined.

As of 2009, the United States government is spending about $1 trillion annually on defense-related purposes.

The US Education Department currently (2009) administers a budget of $62.6 billion. The Department's elementary and secondary programs annually serve nearly 14,000 school districts and approximately 56 million students attending some 98,000 public schools and 34,000 private schools. Department programs also provide grant, loan, and work-study assistance to more than 13 million postsecondary students.

As of June 18, 2009, the total U.S. federal debt was $11,342,734,351,973.14 (that's almost 11.343 trillion) or about $36,989 per capita. Of this amount, debt held by the public was roughly $7.098 trillion.

You can do the math.

No further comments.
    Last edited by Yggdrasil; 21-06-09 at 09:30 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    The 2005 U.S. military budget was almost as much as the rest of the world's defense spending combined.

As of 2009, the United States government is spending about $1 trillion annually on defense-related purposes.

The US Education Department currently (2009) administers a budget of $62.6 billion. The Department's elementary and secondary programs annually serve nearly 14,000 school districts and approximately 56 million students attending some 98,000 public schools and 34,000 private schools. Department programs also provide grant, loan, and work-study assistance to more than 13 million postsecondary students.

You can do the math.

No further comments.
    If our system is broke, it is at the primary & secondary levels, not at the university level IMO. I think too many kids are encouraged to attend college/university rather than trade school. However, we aren't discussing primary and secondary education, are we?
    Last edited by vashti; 21-06-09 at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    i have to say that is the biggest disadvantage of being an american. the cost of college. it really defines you as a nation and increases the have's from the have not's. it's barbaric and can only increase the frustration and crime and depression with the have not's. it also increases the stress the people on middle ground in between the have's and have not's have because they are struggling to have a good education in order to have a good job in order to educate their choldren and the stress cycle continues.

people you need to stand up to your government and demand free education instead of the government spending money on other useless shit. education is important of course but whats happening is the gap between the educated and rich and uneducated and poor is increasing at a detrimental rate.

actually the government pays for the education of a lot of people. if you do really well in high school there are a lot of scholarships and grants out there. our system just weeds out the people who really want it from those that just feel like it on a whim.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

One advantage of dating someone who makes a good living is the security it provides if you say, lose your job.

In my ideal relationship, my SO and I both have careers, but it's nice to know that if I got laid off, my boyfriend would be able to support us until I got back on my feet.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast