+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies... how important is a man's job to you???

Quote Originally Posted by Indignant View Post
    since when working in the film industry and making $27.50 is on the verge of unreal?

i wouldn't even consider dating someone who made that little no matter what he does or how much he enjoys his job.
    LOL !!! 27.5 is too little ? Honestly, I hope you got a real pretty mouth on you because you'll have to be one mighty find cock sucker if you think 27.50 is not much !!!

Or you could just cut the man out all together and just offer your services for cash.

haahahhaahaahh

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    LOL, I was thinking it, but couldn't post it.

Engineers I know make a factor of 10x... get a new job, sweet, or look forward to finishing school.
    You know, you can really be a bitch.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

I reckon that the status of the job is quite close, and can sometimes overstep, the earnings. Say, as an example, I doubt that all women would pay much interest to a high-earning IT programmer, but would be more interested in, say, a low-income singer.

The way I see it is this; once the kids are clothed,food is on the table every night, and the bills are paid on time, We're livin a good life.

$27.50 is alot of money unless you're looking for a rich guy.
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    it's not about the money, it's about the passion/reasons why one would be in the job, to support their family/because they love it/because it's a stepping stone to what they want to achieve/do they help themselves or is there a bigger more moral reason behind what they do. so yea it is something i would consider a reflection of the person. a person who just works for the status and money is a loser in my eyes.
    Oh, come on

You mean to tell me you'd rather be with a guy who worked at Burger King because he loved his job and was passionate about the fast food industry, than a guy who was a big-shot lawyer/doctor/business man with money coming out of his ears.
    Last edited by ripster; 16-06-09 at 11:00 PM. Reason: my grammar suxxors cuz i never went to college

I think doctors/lawyers etc. are overrated. I just dont want a bum and once we can afford the necessities I am happy. If we want to do extra activities we save up, that's how it is with my boyfriend and I.
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

ripster if he loved it then i would really wonder about him. the fast food industry is slowly killing people. tbh working in burger king can't really be that satisfying for the rest of someones life surely? if he does it because he wants to support his family and has ambitions to do something else then i see nothing wrong with working in burger king. but no it's not admirable to be a big shot unless the person feels they are making a difference to the people around them either family or helping people. there is nothing more satisfying than coming home after a days work and feeling you made a difference to someone elses life. being a big shot and pursuing status is not admirable.

just my thoughts
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 16-06-09 at 11:10 PM.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Quote Originally Posted by BoredGeorge View Post
    I think all women are whores. What they really want is a big fat dick.
    Whores don't care about a fat dick. They care about a fat wallet.

Yes, what a guy does would make a difference, but mostly because it could impact his availability.

Two of my friends were married to guys that worked on film crews (the movie business is pretty big here in NM). Those guys would be gone for weeks at a time and some of the stuff that occurs on film locations is not exactly family friendly. One couple got divorced and the other couple had a "me or your job" moment. He chose her.

That kind of thing wouldn't cut it for me. My husband is a chef, but he doesn't cook professionally much. He teaches. If he were at work five or six nights a week until midnight, I'd never see him and our relationship just wouldn't work.

That being said, I don't think it matters so much where you work as how you work. If you resentfully drag your ass off to work every day and come back feeling crappy, having spent the whole day shirking and being miserable, I don't want to see you, even if you're pulling down big money. If you go to work at Wal-Mart and do a good job and have some self-respect, that's better for me.

Money isn't important to all women. My ex had money, family money, and I think it ruined him as a human being. I don't care what kind of car you drive but I do care if you drive like an asshole and take up two parking spaces.
    Spammer Spanker

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    LOL !!! 27.5 is too little ? Honestly, I hope you got a real pretty mouth on you because you'll have to be one mighty find cock sucker if you think 27.50 is not much !!!

Or you could just cut the man out all together and just offer your services for cash.

haahahhaahaahh

It depends on where you live. In the midwest, it might be a lot of money. In Los Angeles, it is only a lot if you are working at an entry level job. It MIGHT afford you a life in a mediocre neighborhood if you were single, but you certainly couldn't have a family on it.

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think all women are whores. What they really want is a big fat dick.

Yes you need lots of money. The reason is women, unlike men, do not believe in equality. You are expected to give them money in exchange for sex.

Hence the reason that they're all whores.
    thus you must be a loser. who'd want to date an uneducated and unsuccessful failure?
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Boy II View Post
    You know, you can really be a bitch.
    Me? I didn't make the original post, Dig did.

The guy claims he's an engineer, CB. I know how much engineers make, we've got several in our family. I'm just saying that isn't a lot of money for an engineer. Especially chemical engineering, unless he's a student?

Here, I just pulled this from a (ahem) local company...

[url]www.cebc.org/pulse/cebcFeeGuide08.pdf[/url]
    Last edited by IndiReloaded; 17-06-09 at 12:35 AM.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lipp View Post
    I reckon that the status of the job is quite close, and can sometimes overstep, the earnings. Say, as an example, I doubt that all women would pay much interest to a high-earning IT programmer, but would be more interested in, say, a low-income singer.
    are you talking about women or girls here, Lipp? a woman would chose an IT guy, while a girl would most likely go for a singer.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

haahahhaahaahh
    i'd like to bring to your attention that me/vashti/indi are over 30. how old are you?

I wish I had the brains to be a chemical engineer

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gottfried View Post
    Haha. I always find amusement in women that will decide to sleep with a man based on how much he makes, and then call him bitter when he complains that she only wants him for his money.
    not any MAN. of course there's a long process on compatibility and personality traits. but essentially women over 30 have too much to offer to settle for losers.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast