+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies... how important is a man's job to you???

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gottfried View Post
    Yeah? What's that?

Their cunt?
    someone your age might think that, G.

you have not dated an older woman yet probably. but consider having a mature partner who is self sufficient, has a stable financial income, who has good connections in the world, can offer good advice, can provide care and support that a younger woman is not able to provide due to lack of experience. it takes years to become an accomplished person.
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gottfried View Post
    Yeah? What's that?

Their cunt?
    Shut up and hand over the wallet.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    not any MAN. of course there's a long process on compatibility and personality traits. but essentially women over 30 have too much to offer to settle for losers.
    Exactly.

For example: I'm not even the OPs partner, but I just posted for him a standard engineering rate chart that should, if he is smart, allow him to negotiate for a better contract next time. Perhaps he's not even aware there are people asking (and getting!) that much money for their time. In future, hopefully *his* connections will allow his partner to network things to do with her job, and so on.

That kind of info, connnections, discussion is valuable stuff. Its called 'teamwork'; doing more together than either could alone.

Anyway, back to work.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

i think women are attracted to the ambition u have towards your career and obtaining certain goals....

but there will always be gold diggers as well....

As a man, i personally don't care what my woman would be doing as long as she was happy with it, and she was not expecting to leech off me forever.

I'm not giong to work 50-60 hrs a week so someone else who doesn't work can spend over half my money

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    It depends on where you live. In the midwest, it might be a lot of money. In Los Angeles, it is only a lot if you are working at an entry level job. It MIGHT afford you a life in a mediocre neighborhood if you were single, but you certainly couldn't have a family on it.
    Um... wow. i totally disagree. mediocre is not good enough to raise a family?! people making less than $10/hr raise families _all_ the time! Most people I know making above $20/hr are at least 35 years of age, and have been at their jobs for 10+ years. Even most college grads I know don't make $20/hr!!!

ya'lls some fu@ked up people if you think $20/hr is nothing. I feel sorry for you and your children.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyGalbreath View Post
    Um... wow. i totally disagree. mediocre is not good enough to raise a family?! people making less than $10/hr raise families _all_ the time! Most people I know making above $20/hr are at least 35 years of age, and have been at their jobs for 10+ years. Even most college grads I know don't make $20/hr!!!

ya'lls some fu@ked up people if you think $20/hr is nothing. I feel sorry for you and your children.
    Where do you live?

I said in Los Angeles $20/hr is perhaps enough for ONE person to live in a mediocre neighborhood; certainly not a family. To rent an apartment in my area would cost you half your entire income. If the college grads in your area aren't making that much, they either live somewhere where the cost of living is very low, or they picked stupid majors.

You are free to consider mediocre good enough for your family. I want my kids to go to college.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Where do you live?

I said in Los Angeles $20/hr is perhaps enough for ONE person to live in a mediocre neighborhood; certainly not a family. To rent an apartment in my area would cost you half your entire income. If the college grads in your area aren't making that much, they either live somewhere where the cost of living is very low, or they picked stupid majors.

You are free to consider mediocre good enough for your family. I want my kids to go to college.
    I live in Houston, Texas. A mediocre apartment in my area is $1000-2000/month. Rent homes and even mortgages run in the same range in the mediocre neighborhoods. I've lived in an apartment making $12/hr with an ex making $8/hr and we had a son together, all without financial issues.

To me, it's not about how much money someone makes that places you in the world. It's about how well you can live within your means. I still don't make $20/hr yet, but I live better than a lot of people making even $35/hr.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Do you have any savings for your child's education? health insurance? car insurance? reliable transportation? live in an area with a good public school system? (And yes, according to my husband's daughter who lives in Dallas, the cost of living in Texas IS significantly lower than California.
    Last edited by vashti; 17-06-09 at 08:05 AM.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I live in Houston, Texas. A mediocre apartment in my area is $1000-2000/month. Rent homes and even mortgages run in the same range in the mediocre neighborhoods. I've lived in an apartment making $12/hr with an ex making $8/hr and we had a son together, all without financial issues.

To me, it's not about how much money someone makes that places you in the world. It's about how well you can live within your means. I still don't make $20/hr yet, but I live better than a lot of people making even $35/hr.
    yeah, i wanna know how you live better than me.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    what point are you ladies trying to make? That the guy should be ashamed because he's not making enough money??
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    hey, he asked the question.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

Really? I doubt you'd feel sorry for me if you saw my lifestyle.

I don't understand. Are you actually saying you wouldn't want to make more money if you know you could? How bizarre.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Boy II View Post
    what point are you ladies trying to make? That the guy should be ashamed because he's not making enough money??
    Not at all. I already agreed that the cost of living where he does is less expensive. I am simply telling him the truth, which is that where I live, that salary wouldn't afford much.

He's young. He hasn't maximized his income yet.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Boy II View Post
    My point was simply that, as an engineer, he could be commanding a much higher pay rate. Even students make more than what he is asking for. He brought up his pay right away, which says to me (despite his protests), that he thinks it IS an issue. I'm just telling him to go & get what he's actually worth.

Really, CB. Are you saying that, as a lawyer, you would be okay making double-digits an hour? Speak into the BS mic, if so.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    No, I'm saying that if this guy and that $27.50 guy are happy with their income, I don't see why its incumbent on the rest of you to attack their capacity as providers. Not everyone's middle class, or upper class.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast