+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies... how important is a man's job to you???

And what of the moderate rich in third world nations who live their lives for enjoyment, at less than 20.00 USD per hour.... say even 10.00 USD an hour, often owning/running pubs, hotels, etc for the tourists...

Would any of you ladies consider him, his nice beach houses, cars, toys.....

....if he agreed to return with you after your vacation and live in the US with you...

but managing a small hotel, pub, etc.... for about 10-18.00 USD per hour in a moderately sized city?

It's all about what you have at that moment... and the perceptions of it.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Boy II View Post
    No, I'm saying that if this guy and that $27.50 guy are happy with their income, I don't see why its incumbent on the rest of you to attack their capacity as providers. Not everyone's middle class, or upper class.
    Meh, you are right. My apologies to BillyGalbreath. It wasn't my intention to attack, but I can see how it was interpreted that way.
    Last edited by vashti; 17-06-09 at 08:19 AM.

I used to think that it was important to me to date a guy who did something interesting, or if something uninteresting, to at least be passionate about it.

But my current boyfriend works in finance and his job is neither interesting to him, nor is he passionate about it. It's really just a job to him and way for him to get his green card.

I realized that it really doesn't matter to me. I don't love him less for it. As long as he's happy, which he is.

The time he spends at home with me is the most important.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Do you have any savings for your child's education? health insurance? car insurance? reliable transportation? live in an area with a good public school system? (And yes, according to my husband's daughter who lives in Dallas, the cost of living in Texas IS significantly lower than California.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    yeah, i wanna know how you live better than me.
    ...edited...

I have been told many times that I live like a king on a peasant's income.
    Last edited by BillyGalbreath; 17-06-09 at 08:40 AM.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Meh, you are right. My apologies to BillyGalbreath. It wasn't my intention to attack, but I can see how it was interpreted that way.
    Ditto^.
    (10 char)

Billy: not a good idea to post financial specifics on an internet site like this. Just saying. I didn't copy your post so you could choose to edit or delete. Your last sentence is probably sufficient. Its not like we could check.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    I used to think that it was important to me to date a guy who did something interesting, or if something uninteresting, to at least be passionate about it.

But my current boyfriend works in finance and his job is neither interesting to him, nor is he passionate about it. It's really just a job to him and way for him to get his green card.

I realized that it really doesn't matter to me. I don't love him less for it. As long as he's happy, which he is.

The time he spends at home with me is the most important.
    Ahh, I can see you're enjoying the delicacy of foreign exotica

And yes, according to my husband's daughter who lives in Dallas, the cost of living in Texas IS significantly lower than California.
    Do some more research. Dallas is not Houston. Just like L.A. is not _insert other CA city here_.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Billy: not a good idea to post financial specifics on an internet site like this. Just saying. I didn't copy your post so you could choose to edit or delete. Your last sentence is probably sufficient. Its not like we could check.
    Thanks!

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyGalbreath View Post
    Do some more research. Dallas is not Houston. Just like L.A. is not _insert other CA city here_.
    [url]http://www.payscale.com/cost-of-living-calculator/California-Los-Angeles/Texas-Houston[/url]

See for yourself. It seems the cost of housing in Houston is slightly higher than Dallas, but everything else is lower. Neither one compares in cost to Los Angeles.
    Last edited by vashti; 17-06-09 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyGalbreath View Post
    ...edited...

I have been told many times that I live like a king on a peasant's income.
    not fair, i missed the details. PM?
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

For the right price, I'd where a naughty little sarong number with a tear around my supposed clam?

what???????????????
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

It was a joke.

Sorry.

don't be sorry.

i am facing an English barrier in which i can't comprehend what you are saying..

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    Ahh, I can see you're enjoying the delicacy of foreign exotica
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Durian View Post
    For the right price, I'd where a naughty little sarong number with a tear around my supposed clam?
    Foreign exotica reference? As in Indian prostitute? Is all I'm tracking on this, Dig, and english is my native. Otherwise, can only conclude Doc had a non-sequitur/brain fart.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast