+ Follow This Topic

Thread: A place to meet women 26+

A place to meet women 26+

Where does a 26 year old guy go to meet women who are 26 or older? I'm not talking about a pick up place like a bar but somewhere where I meet an attractive "Together women". I'm not looking for a fling I'm looking to maybe meet a mature woman who knows what she wants who is stable and not clingy... Where does one go? Where do these type of women hang out?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well, if I were dating again, I think I would do things like outdoor activity groups (hiking, climbing, kayaking), dancing, cooking & language classes. Mbe groups who meet to go to the theatre or symphony. That kind of thing.

Choose your activities based on the type of gal you'd like to meet.

Have you tried that meetup.com site yet? I've heard its good.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Actually thats a damn good idea. Other than meetup.com where do you find these groups? A year ago I tried craigslist but it ended up being an Ad for a new "Goth Industrial Club" and was packed full of teenie bopers.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well, I generally have access to local university happenings. But there's also various community booklets that your city or region will produce seasonally. Do you visit your local public library? They generally have this kind of info.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Around here, there are a couple of bars that have Salsa Dance Night, where you show up a little early and get salsa lessons before the place fills up. Apparently this is some kind of sex buffet, because people are hooking up all the time at dance class. I haven't been, but I hear my ex has pretty much got his hands full of phone numbers every time he goes there.

If you have time, try volunteering for something that might interest the kind of woman you're looking for (like a public radio fundraiser might attract a certain type or a 10K run for cancer - pick your venue).

For some reason, there's this one Starbucks here that is like the dating Starbucks or something. There's probably a place where you live that has the same thing going on. Ask around.

Don't dismiss singles ads. You'd think it would be all trolls and hunchbacks, but it isn't true. I answered a singles ad once on a dare and the guy was really great- cute, smart, educated, fun; he was just new in town.
    Spammer Spanker

All great suggestions. I guess the question I have to ask myself is what type of woman am I looking for and short of Mature and a redhead I don't know. LOL

Well, would she be at the farmer's market or at the most expensive shoe store in town?

Ask yourself 20 questions like those and maybe you'll be a little closer.
    Spammer Spanker

Yeah but where would an enlightened mature, hot redhead who likes computers hang out? :p

I'm not gona hang around best buy's Lol

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham Berkeley View Post
    Where does a 26 year old guy go to meet women who are 26 or older? I'm not talking about a pick up place like a bar but somewhere where I meet an attractive "Together women". I'm not looking for a fling I'm looking to maybe meet a mature woman who knows what she wants who is stable and not clingy... Where does one go? Where do these type of women hang out?
    Nursing school.

Well, where did you meet that last one, the one that went to the dark side?

I can't believe you have a hard time finding women in your area. They're everywhere. Should I give you my husbands long, long list of available women within 20 miles of you? He sure doesn't need it any more.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Well, where did you meet that last one, the one that went to the dark side?

I can't believe you have a hard time finding women in your area. They're everywhere. Should I give you my husbands long, long list of available women within 20 miles of you? He sure doesn't need it any more.
    I met the last one through a friend I hadn't seen since high school. They were friends.

Sure they're are plenty of women all over the place but typically once I start talking with them it seems like their missing something. A lot of girls in my age group (26) are frankly STUPID and self centered and typically are those type of girls with no future. I hate those.

Oh, believe me. Stupid is something that can last a lifetime. It's not necessarily age-related.
    Spammer Spanker

i used to see a lot of attractive women in the laundry mat.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Oh, believe me. Stupid is something that can last a lifetime. It's not necessarily age-related.
    Totally. Just for some reason my generation is extra stupid.

1)friends & family
    2)work
    3)grocery store
    4)lingerie area

unless youve got connnections

5)internet - which is not a bad place. you get to see pictures of them and they're more targeted towards your needs (assuming they are honest in their profiles) NEVER "chat" or email to in order realize the chemistry(or not) between real time voice-to-voice conversations via PHONE or other devices allowing you the luxury to really hear their voices.