+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Routine rut. Help!

Routine rut. Help!

Hi, some advice would be great.

I've been with my girlfriend for over 5 years. Recently she said that she can't see things working out as it is as it just feels stale and routined. It killed me to hear her say things like that but i can't argue with it. Mon-hers for dinner then nothing, Tues-we dont see each other, Weds-Meal and cinema, Thurs-dinner at mine and then she goes gym, Fri-dinner at hers then nothin, Sat-nothing really unless we go out at night, Sun-same.

Obviously we lvoe spending time with each other but there's nothing to do. We each play video games or watch pointless programs on TV and it can lead to arguements if we are bored.

What can i do to try and spruce things up a bit? I can't let her go, i love her far too much. She's my life. We split up last year for a few months because of the same reasons really but the split didn't last as we missed each other too much.

Please give me some advice. I need to save this. I'm seeing her tonight for a meal, i need to proove to her this is still good.

Go ice skating, paintballing, mountain biking, go on a trip to a beach, join a sports/dancing class together, climb up into a tree and have lunch there, draw a massive picture, jeez, of course she gets bored if the only thing that you guys do together is eat or sit in front of a TV.

Live a little even if it takes some effort.

Thanks for the advice. Whilst these are great things to do at the weekend, how can we do things like that when we both work 9-5, 5 days a week?

Certain things you mentioned aren't ideal in the not-so-sunny Midlands area of England.
    Last edited by funkrenegade; 17-06-09 at 08:50 PM.

Turn off the TV, for starters. That's not spending time together.

If you really need an activity, play cards. It sounds simple, and it is, but it's delightful. Play strip spades or something. Fun.

Cook together. Get a dog together and train it. When she goes to the gym, you go too, even if it's a different gym. Grow together, not apart.
    Spammer Spanker

Have you tried a little textual flirting during the day? Or perhaps have her come over and spoil her, draw her a nice bubble bath, hand her a glass of wine, with the promise of a massage after? Cook her a romantic dinner, maybe. Anything to throw her off guard and break out of the doldrums