+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is it possible to fall back in love again?

From my experience with this kind of thing... if it seems that a person has fallen out of love and then back in love with you, most likely they never fell out of love with you in the first place. Maybe they just needed a little break to remind them :o)

I think so too. Maybe he's just needs a little time to think about. This not at all signifies, that he doesn't love you anymore. It happens, when relations become very sweet, then appears feeling of stagnations, when nothing new happens.
    Just give him a little time.

Yeah most people have covered it but also to make time for yourself to see others and I can't stress that enough. You might regret never to be in love with that person again but in the end that's what life's all about. You'd hate yourself more for being so stuck on one person later on.

me and my ex were in a relationship for 5 years loved each other every moment of it until we got to the boring phase and even I didn't know what was going on and I probably should've taken that break she had offered.

I went out after that I had fun then got back with her recently but then her breaking it off again If she wants to justify it as 'best friends' love then so be it.

All this has taught me is it takes the right moment and the right time and perhaps may even require some long breaks in between.

I mean I feel hurt about her giving someone else the chance but I also learnt that I could move on the first time around so I'll just do it again.

Hi I'm new here. I found this forum through Google when I searched for "Is it possible to fall back in love with someone?" as last night my boyfriend of five years broke up with me. He said that over the last few months he's realised that he doesn't need me any more, I'm not his rock and he's not in love with me any more. I can't tell you how much this hurt me, I love him more than anything and have never stopped wanting him. The problem is his new life training to be a lawyer. He has all these new friends and he's realised that these people want different things out of life than me. He was only 17 when we got together, he's now 23 and has said that he's changed massively over the years but I haven't changed and that's where the problem lies, he now wants different things out of life than he did five years ago.
    But he's also saying that he wants to make this relationship work but doesn't know how to. He isn't at home very often any more because he's having more fun with his new friends than he does with me, so how can he be wanting to try and make this relationship if he seemingly doesn't care?
    I was very pleased to read all of your stories where you or your partners have fallen back in love after you broke up and then got back together and I'm hoping we can do the same. I left the first page of this thread open on the computer and hoped he would see it and I was very pleased when I checked later and it was on the last page, so it seems he's read the whole thing and must be interested.
    I'm very confused right now, I don't know if it's finally over or not, he started off saying that we should look for separate places to live, but then I asked him if there's no way we can try again, and he said "Yes, we can try." so I really don't know where we are at the moment. I'm going to do everything I can to get him back; I'm not at work today as I keep bursting into tears every five minutes so I'm going to get the house all clean, do all his laundry and cook his favourite meal, ask him about his day, support him and laugh at his jokes and maybe suggest we watch a film or something later. I hope that will make him realise what he'll lose if he lets me go.

I think it's possible, but the two people would probably need a good amount of space and time away from each other to make it happen... so that when they got back in touch, it'd be like new again...
    Spamming is naughty

i was just wondering that i might just wanna follow the advice you guys have been giving time and time again, that just let her go for now and she might come back in the future.

what i'm wondering though is that for that to work, must you like stop contacting her and stuff?
    cause we happen to be good, close friends, so even when now when we're pretty much broken up, we still talk a lot.

when she told me "she's lost feelings", she said we should break up, but she also said that she cannot bear not having me as her friend anymore. she told me she still wants to talk to me every night, as if we're still together

what should i do? should i just be a good friend?
    or should i like tell her that comes as a privilege of being my girlfriend?

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin Princess View Post
    I'm going to get the house all clean, do all his laundry and cook his favourite meal, ask him about his day, support him and laugh at his jokes and maybe suggest we watch a film or something later. I hope that will make him realise what he'll lose if he lets me go.
    unless your going to do this for the rest of your life i wouldnt suggest doing this to just get back together then change once you have him
    just dont portray yourself as something else...
    i would though try to go places maybe new with him... things could have gotten to this plateu stage that has been talked about previously
    try some new things but be yourself
    For every beauty there is an eye somewhere to see it. For every truth there is an ear somewhere to hear it. For every love there is a heart somewhere to receive it.
    ~ by Ivan Panin ~

Same thing happened to me recently. I been with my ex gf for almost 2 years. We had a great time a lot of good memories. Recently she called me up and broke it off. She said the feeling isnt the same anymore. I was shocked and devastated. We had a good time the week before we broke up. I never saw it coming.
    For me i dont think about her falling back in love with me or not. 2 weeks after the break up i decided not to see her or talk to her again. This way its better for me to heal. For other out there just stay to reality if its over its over no point holding on because you could be holding onto a hope that was never there. If she comes back then i guess giving a chance or not depends if you think its worth it. But for now enjoy your life dont worry about the person that broke your heart.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Love *always* changes. Even for old married folk.

So no, it won't likely come back as it was. You will have both changed from your experience together. But yes, sometimes time & distance can make you appreciate each other in new ways. Probably not on the timescale you are hoping for, tho. I've only seen this with things like rekindled old flames who meet years/decades later.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Like the rest of you, I am in a similar situation. My ex broke up with me a month ago and her reason was that "she lost her feelings for me".

For us guys, that means that we became too needy and took our relationships for granted. at least thats the way I see it.

I wish you all the best, I sure hope mine comes back.

Hi everyone

I`m new at this forum. So this is my first post.

I`ve been reading alot of discussions latley, at this site. So I thought I give it a go and try to seek a little help here.

Just recentley my girlfriend broke up with me. Well it`s been 5 weeks now so it isn`t actually "recentley" :S. But still, I`ve been having some problem with this, since I`m very much in love.
    She said that she had "lost her feelings for me". But at the same time she also said that she hope we`d find each other some day, because I`m perfect for her.

She have had some stressful months at school and some other problems, like with her appartment and so on.

Now, for about 3 weeks ago I said to her that it would be a good idea just not have contact anymore. So I`ve haven`t contacted her since, thought I`d give her some space.
    Though I try to live as normal as I can, without thinking so much about her...I have some problems with this.

I`ve been reading through all the post at this thread, and I`ve got to say it makes me happy to hear that there`s a "chance" that she will come back to me. Though, I try not to think so much about it.

Our relasionship was great, with off course some small debates here and there Lika all have.

But I`m wondering what to do? Should I just keep on NOT contacting her? Or what?

Is there still hope?

Oh, I`m 22 and she is 20

Quote Originally Posted by turbey View Post
    Hi everyone

I`m new at this forum. So this is my first post.

I`ve been reading alot of discussions latley, at this site. So I thought I give it a go and try to seek a little help here.

Just recentley my girlfriend broke up with me. Well it`s been 5 weeks now so it isn`t actually "recentley" :S. But still, I`ve been having some problem with this, since I`m very much in love.
    She said that she had "lost her feelings for me". But at the same time she also said that she hope we`d find each other some day, because I`m perfect for her.

She have had some stressful months at school and some other problems, like with her appartment and so on.

Now, for about 3 weeks ago I said to her that it would be a good idea just not have contact anymore. So I`ve haven`t contacted her since, thought I`d give her some space.
    Though I try to live as normal as I can, without thinking so much about her...I have some problems with this.

I`ve been reading through all the post at this thread, and I`ve got to say it makes me happy to hear that there`s a "chance" that she will come back to me. Though, I try not to think so much about it.

Our relasionship was great, with off course some small debates here and there Lika all have.

But I`m wondering what to do? Should I just keep on NOT contacting her? Or what?

Is there still hope?

Oh, I`m 22 and she is 20
    If you think this is the best way for both of you so go on..no need to contact each other.
    If both of you are true love,you will cry because you cannot live without her.
    Now You Can Stop Your Break Up, Divorce or Lovers Rejection.
    The Best of Magic Making up here ::

[URL="http://tinyurl.com/nxb4on"]http://tinyurl.com/nxb4on[/URL]

It is absolutely possible to fall back in love again. I've done it many many times.
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

Quote Originally Posted by Raze View Post
    It is absolutely possible to fall back in love again. I've done it many many times.
    wow,i can't imagine how you do it to back in love again..
    Now You Can Stop Your Break Up, Divorce or Lovers Rejection.
    The Best of Magic Making up here ::

[URL="http://tinyurl.com/nxb4on"]http://tinyurl.com/nxb4on[/URL]

It happens... Love is a funny thing.
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast