+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Honeymoon in Europe

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I wish I knew more about Europe ...

But honestly, Blue, you'll be happy wherever you go! I would suggest Asia because you'll get so much bang for your buck!
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

You know, Germany is beautiful and all... a lot of history, 700 year old buildings still standing, but I wouldn't come here for a honeymoon. In fact, for a honeymoon, I would avoid Western Europe altogether.

I am studying abroad in what is called the green heart of Germany. It's probably the most beautiful, most historical area of Germany... Goethe lived in this area, as well as Schiller... Bach was born in this area, Luther translated the Bible here, a famous historical battle was fought here between Napoleon and the Prussians. Buchenwald, one of the largest concentration camps, which was the first one to be invaded by Americans, is in this area. Beyond that, it is just plain beautiful. Especially the landscape. Unfortunately, the people in this area don't speak English very well, and if you speak German, it is difficult to understand their accent.

I am there for 4 months... but then I am going on vacation to former Yugoslavia. My girlfriend are going on a vacation to Turkey. It's going to be the best thing ever. We are going to be at the seaside. For your honeymoon I'd recommend the seaside. Mediterranean sounds like a *great* idea. In the end it doesn't really matter where you go, just enjoy the time with your husband, and congratulations.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    Mish - I WAS thinking about Croatia, I've been told it's absolutely beautiful. Don't understand a speck of eastern european languages tho. Oh well, I made it by in Vietnam on 'hello' and 'thank you'.

Indi - Greek Islands are also in the plan. I want to go places where I can just revel in culture, history, architecture. Big cities aren't terribly important, although I'd like to see Rome. A villa in Tuscany would be dreamy!

Ygg - Yeah, I heard Paris is a hole. It's been suggested I go to Nice.
    In East Europe, most people speak english better than you.
    Don't expect anything.

Mish - I WAS thinking about Croatia, I've been told it's absolutely beautiful. Don't understand a speck of eastern european languages tho. Oh well, I made it by in Vietnam on 'hello' and 'thank you'.
    Hello

Russian "Здравствуйте" - translit. "Zdravstvuytye"
    Serbian and Croatian - ”Здраво” or ”Чао” translit. "Zdravo" or "Čao"
    (This is informal. To be formal you say Good morning/day/evening)
    Добро јутро. "Dobro jutro" (J like English Y) (Good morning)
    Добар дан. "Dobar dan" (Good day)
    Добро вече. "Dobro veče" (Good evening)

Thank you

Russian ”Спасибо” - "Spasibo"
    Serbian (Might be different in Croatian)
    "Хвала (Вам) (лепо, много).”
    "Hvala (Vam) (lepo, mnogo)."
    "Hvala vam" would be thank you (formal)
    with lepo or mnogo, it would mean something like "Thank you very much"

However, they do speak English there... better than western Europe

s_b is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Depending on the time you have (and you're happy driving), a good trip would be flying into Rome, driving up to Tuscany, across to Venice, up to Ljubljana in Slovenia and then drive down along the Adriatic coast down to Dubrovnik in Croatia.
    All of these places are beautiful but the best tip - switch the SatNav/GPS to avoid toll roads in Italy and enjoy touring around all the different, hidden away villages :-)

ps I'm off to Italy on Sunday for work and then some vacation - thinking of doing another little tour myself... :-)

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Since Italy is a must I would have to say Taormina in Sicily and also Calabria. Taormina is on the coast and Calabria is coastal, and there are ferry services between Sicily and Calabria

I would also try to hit up Sardinia, my dads cousin has a vacation house there and it is beautiful

If you want to feel some East Europe culture, visit Poland. And make sure you flash your money, you will get an adventure when you wake up.
    Don't expect anything.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by tooxshort View Post
    I wish I knew more about Europe ...

But honestly, Blue, you'll be happy wherever you go! I would suggest Asia because you'll get so much bang for your buck!

Been to Vietnam, and yes it was very cheap! One dollar for a Heineken! My fiance isn't interested in going though. Too bad, I loved it there.

Quote Originally Posted by boobaa View Post
    In East Europe, most people speak english better than you.

Doubtful.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Durian View Post
    Europe is one big shithole, as is most of the world.

Better to take that money you probably shouldn't be sparing and either save it, or make a wedding reception which will never be forgotten in your home town/city.

I have enough money to spare on a nice wedding AND a nice honeymoon, so I'm having both. I have been places in the world other people consider 'shit holes' and loved them. There is something great in every place in the world. I intend to see it all, every corner, before I meet my maker.

Quote Originally Posted by Indignant View Post
    second choice Barcelona:

I would love to go to Spain. I'm actually taking a spanish class in University right now, and it would be fun to use it.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Fair enough

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by boobaa View Post
    If you want to feel some East Europe culture, visit Poland. And make sure you flash your money, you will get an adventure when you wake up.
    You`re lucky I`m not there to kick Your face
    I wazzzz here

I intend to see it all, every corner, before I meet my maker.
    You never met your parents? Poor child....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm not especially interested in any part of Europe other than the Greek Islands, but I am sure you will enjoy wherever you go.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Europe's perfect for a honeymoon. I saw a fair chunk of it with that Brazilian and that was pretty romantic even though I only knew her for a month. I'll rank em in order of appropriateness for a honeymoon couple:

1. Paris.
    2. Rome.
    3. Vienna
    4. Barcelona.
    5. Innsbruk (Austria).
    6. Berlin

I know those aren't exactly off the beaten track, but you really can't miss them on your first trip.

Croatia is beautiful as well, but f-ck the people are a sullen bunch.

And I know its cliched but you have to go to Paris. It really is one of the most romantic places I've been.

Also the best time to go is on the shoulder seasons - spring and autumn. Summer is a bit of a nightmare in terms of crowds.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

I don't know what's so romantic about Paris.

But then again, I was there with a guy I was no longer interested in. The trip was a bit of a headache.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast