+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Recent Pics Of Me

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    wassup with neo and purple??

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

doppelgaenger says:

"I don't notice any difference from the last time you posted a picture of yourself.

But congrats for maintaining it, I guess."

maintain? No.

IndiReloaded says:

"What do you mean by physically superior, tho, Neo? Do you mean you could kick someone's ass?"

by physically superior, I mean better shape.

CocoChanel says:

"That weirdo girl Elle got burned for being conceited and this guy gets a post and glory. ROFL! Funny."

hmm, let's see... other members posts their artwork or poetry or share pics of their car, pets, hobbies, etc. I share pics of my interest (i.e. bodybuilding) and you feel compelled to attack me for no reason. Jealousy must be a b*tch, hahaha.

Illusional says:

"wassup with neo and purple??"

the color is indigo, and it makes it easier to respond when people quote me.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Neo, you have to admit there are quite a few body builders out there that do absolutely atrocious things to their body. Huge doesn't necessarily = healthy.

I used to go to a co-ed gym. I remember meeting a couple of natural bodybuilders (no drugs). I learned quite a bit. They weren't as huge as the meat tanks I saw around who I suspected were taking steroids, but they did look much healthier in comparison.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I always worry about what body builders are sticking in their bodies. I had 2 patients in a week almost die from what they were doing - one of them had been doing the same thing for 5 years with no previous problems.

I hope neo is all natural (and by that I mean no supplements of any kind.)

Also coco - I do think there is a bit of difference between neo and elle. Neo actually has to work at looking that way, while elle just wanted attention for being pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeminole View Post
    Doc Durian says:

"Have you considered the physical repercussions of continuing?"

Yes. I don't see what the problem is.
    Have you ever seen a middle aged ex-body builder? Enough said.

"Do you think that you're stronger or more physically superior than others who don't body build for a hobby?"

I think I'm stronger and in better shape than most people.
    Don't you mean that you think that you "look stronger and in better shape than most people"?

"Do you believe the attention you're getting is a realistic indicator of what women are or aren't attracted to?"

dumb question. Of course the positive attention I receive from girls means they are attracted to me.
    Yet, the attention you're getting is from a small cross section of women who give attention for men who spend inordinate amounts of time preening like you do. Why was my question "dumb", if I may ask?

"I naturally gained a large chiseled muscle laden body as a side effect and had increased attentions from some of the girls at school. Unfortunately, the ones I was more attracted towards and had prior interest from, tended to not be attracted to me after that. One who remains a good friend till this day put it to me then. She said (paraphrased, it was awhile ago), "No offense, but you look like a wet sleeping bag full of cantelopes and it's kind of offputting. Besides you're always working or you're here. You don't have any time for us. No thanks."

no offense but you can't compare the physique of someone who peels bark off logs with a drawshafe and spud to a bodybuilder. I guarantee I have more muscle than you ever did, and every girl tells me I have the perfect body. So don't equate muscles with disfiguring one's body.
    Don't overlook piecework at a 1990 rate of .50 USD per foot. Rain, sleet, or shine... I made my figures and ate no less than a dozen or more peanut butter, sugar, sprinkle, and jam sandwiches and never missed a main meal choked full of protein and any other side dish that was going whether I liked it previously or not. My stomach growled otherwise. Until you have to chip 2 inches of ice off of what you're aiming to peel, you'll never have an accurate idea what 19th century farmwork produces in a 20th century host hungry to pay his university bills.

My point is this. I did so for money. You do so for some unknown esteem issue. My body told me when to stop or go and I listened. Your body is dictated to by other muscle builders advice. I've seen what these other body builders do to themselves through their advancing years, you refuse to consider that this could be harmful and actually damaging to your esteem.

To me, your drive to find yourself and happiness is actually putting it back a further distance. But I may be wrong, I don't know you completely, but only your words and the nuances around them.

I just imagine a number of quality prospective women overlooking you, and you them, because of this preoccupation with yourself. In the meantime, I see the worst kind of women cozying up to you and potentially enslaving you to a lifetime of despair.

Consider.

disfigure themselves? I am healthier, stronger, and more confident when I am around people. The feeling of being physically superior to others and the attention from girls is motivational in itself. I assure you I'm not disfiguring myself nor wasting my time and energy. hahaha.
    No offense intended Neo, I just find it a tad sad you have to work on your body to increase your self esteem, while self esteem is more a thing of the mind. Not sure if I am making sense here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

IndiReloaded says:

"Neo, you have to admit there are quite a few body builders out there that do absolutely atrocious things to their body. Huge doesn't necessarily = healthy."

true, the sport of bodybuilding has strayed from its roots. The emphasis now is size above everything else. I'm more 'old school' in that I believe the body should resemble a Greek statue - every part should be well-defined and exist in harmony of each other.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Before someone asks, here's what I mean. This guy was 5 ft and just under 100lbs.
    This is more my thing:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKtSc3Xzx7U"]YouTube - KRAV MAGA WSCHĂ“D - Chelm[/ame]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I dont want to derail Neo's thread any further, but several of those responses in that vid are yoshinkan techniques, esp the joint locks. And some they did will make you dead IRL if done the way they showed.

The guy with the gun to his head, for example, would have fared way better if he dropped straight down (in case the gun was fired) and took him down from there w/his body weight.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    I dont want to derail Neo's thread any further, but several of those responses in that vid are yoshinkan techniques, esp the joint locks. And some they did will make you dead IRL if done the way they showed.

The guy with the gun to his head, for example, would have fared way better if he dropped straight down (in case the gun was fired) and took him down from there w/his body weight.
    Yep, krav maga is based mostly on close combat with bits and pieces from other defense arts.

As with any other defense technique, you have to be aware of what you are doing and have proper training.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    IndiReloaded says:

"Neo, you have to admit there are quite a few body builders out there that do absolutely atrocious things to their body. Huge doesn't necessarily = healthy."

true, the sport of bodybuilding has strayed from its roots. The emphasis now is size above everything else. I'm more 'old school' in that I believe the body should resemble a Greek statue - every part should be well-defined and exist in harmony of each other.
    I agree. I was going to comment that, to my eye, the 'natural' builders seemed to look more proportioned/balanced than the steroid junkies. As if some muscles just get unnaturally huge in response to the drugs, more than others.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

But it all relies on instinct and a quick migration to a sensitive point. I'm a big fan of the groin, neck... and where a clear shot can be had.. the middle of the face.

But I'm also a bigger fan of parting with a few bucks and bits of plastic to live for another day.

There is a split second for all of this, and you have to prepare for when or if it's worth it.

Better to have keen eyesight and make diversionary and eye contact measures beforehand. It puts off the majority from proceeding, and it's more assured of outcome.

Body language is more potent than anything.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast