+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Recent Pics Of Me

Doc Durian says:

"Have you ever seen a middle aged ex-body builder? Enough said."

yes, I have. All that happens is they lose their muscle mass. The negative consequences you insinuate are dependent on the individual and have nothing to do with bodybuilding.

"Don't you mean that you think that you "look stronger and in better shape than most people"?

no, I mean exactly what I said. I'm stronger and in better shape than most people.

"Yet, the attention you're getting is from a small cross section of women who give attention for men who spend inordinate amounts of time preening like you do. Why was my question "dumb", if I may ask?"

small cross section? Try the vast majority of females ;-) Your question was dumb b/c obviously the attention I receive from girls means they like what they see otherwise I wouldn't be getting as much attention.

"Don't overlook piecework at a 1990 rate of .50 USD per foot. Rain, sleet, or shine... I made my figures and ate no less than a dozen or more peanut butter, sugar, sprinkle, and jam sandwiches and never missed a main meal choked full of protein and any other side dish that was going whether I liked it previously or not. My stomach growled otherwise. Until you have to chip 2 inches of ice off of what you're aiming to peel, you'll never have an accurate idea what 19th century farmwork produces in a 20th century host hungry to pay his university bills."

don't underestimate years of blood and sweat inside a gym and a burning desire to become the best. Whereas you peeled bark off logs with hand tools, I bench 295 lbs and deadlift 405 lbs.

"My point is this. I did so for money. You do so for some unknown esteem issue. My body told me when to stop or go and I listened. Your body is dictated to by other muscle builders advice. I've seen what these other body builders do to themselves through their advancing years, you refuse to consider that this could be harmful and actually damaging to your esteem."

oh please! Confidence was the 3rd thing I listed when I explained why I like bodybuilding. It figures people on a relationship help website would focus on that and project their own issues onto me.

"I just imagine a number of quality prospective women overlooking you, and you them, because of this preoccupation with yourself. In the meantime, I see the worst kind of women cozying up to you and potentially enslaving you to a lifetime of despair."

that's quite an imagination you have there.

Yggdrasil says:

"No offense intended Neo, I just find it a tad sad you have to work on your body to increase your self esteem, while self esteem is more a thing of the mind. Not sure if I am making sense here."

hmm, I can't tell if you're joking. I don't have to work on my body to increase my self-esteem. It's something that just happens as I look and feel in better shape.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeminole View Post

don't underestimate years of blood and sweat inside a gym and a burning desire to become the best. Whereas you peeled bark off logs with hand tools, I bench 295 lbs and deadlift 405 lbs.
    Bah. That's less than the weight of an average cow, Neo. I suppose you might be able to bench an average sheep, tho.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Yggdrasil says:

"No offense intended Neo, I just find it a tad sad you have to work on your body to increase your self esteem, while self esteem is more a thing of the mind. Not sure if I am making sense here."

hmm, I can't tell if you're joking. I don't have to work on my body to increase my self-esteem. It's something that just happens as I look and feel in better shape.
    No I am quite serious. I am refering to this:

disfigure themselves? I am healthier, stronger, and more confident when I am around people. The feeling of being physically superior to others and the attention from girls is motivational in itself. I assure you I'm not disfiguring myself nor wasting my time and energy. hahaha.
    To me it sounds like you're having or had low self worth or low self esteem issue and that by working on your body, you attempt to increase self worth or self esteem.

If I am mistaken let me know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I guess I'm curious about the quality of girls you're attracting. Seems to me a girl who's THAT fascinated by a man's body is likely the type that throws up to make herself 'pretty' and can't look any further than skin-deep. That doesn't sound like quality, but if it's an easy lay you're after, I'm sure they fit the bill.

I just found it interesting Neo, that you assume the majority of women will be attracted to you for your body. I know only two or three women like this (one being my sister, who is dating a personal trainer who is an insecure jerk at the best of times). The first thing I notice on a guy is his smile and the way he dresses. I've dated all body types.

This isn't meant as an insult, btw, I'm just curious about what type of women you're referring to when you talk about them all wanting you because of your body.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Yggdrasil says:

"To me it sounds like you're having or had low self worth or low self esteem issue and that by working on your body, you attempt to increase self worth or self esteem."

or maybe I like bodybuilding b/c I can quantitatively measure the progress I've made (e.g. size, strength, etc) and look forward to every workout b/c they bring more gains. The attraction from girls is just an added bonus.

bluesummer says:

"I guess I'm curious about the quality of girls you're attracting. Seems to me a girl who's THAT fascinated by a man's body is likely the type that throws up to make herself 'pretty' and can't look any further than skin-deep. That doesn't sound like quality, but if it's an easy lay you're after, I'm sure they fit the bill."

I attract all kinds of females ranging in age from 19 yrs old to 40 yrs old. Some of them are the shy, innocent type while others have a wild side to them. I've been with strong, independent girls who don't need a man and successful women who own nice houses and drive expensive cars. So I assure you I have no problem attracting quality girls.

"I just found it interesting Neo, that you assume the majority of women will be attracted to you for your body. I know only two or three women like this (one being my sister, who is dating a personal trainer who is an insecure jerk at the best of times). The first thing I notice on a guy is his smile and the way he dresses. I've dated all body types."

spare me your politically correct speech. People are naturally attracted to members of the opposite sex with nice bodies. And show me where I said the majority of women will be attracted to me solely for my looks.

I think what she was suggesting is that your current body type is statistically more sought after by a certain type of lady, versus the rest, who prefer a natural looking man just as they prefer a natural looking woman.

It's the definition of "nice" or attractive which is coming into play here.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

spare me your politically correct speech. People are naturally attracted to members of the opposite sex with nice bodies. And show me where I said the majority of women will be attracted to me solely for my looks.
    Okay:
    small cross section? Try the vast majority of females ;-) Your question was dumb b/c obviously the attention I receive from girls means they like what they see otherwise I wouldn't be getting as much attention.
    Anyways, I'm not trying to be pc, just real. I know how women think and what they're attracted to better than you do....I AM female, as are most of my friends, and we all talk about what attracts us.

Yeah, you have to be attracted to the other person, by what's considered attractive differs from person to person. I don't think you have to have a great body to be attractive. The guys I've loved the most had the least perfect bodies. They were the best guys all-around.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Doc Durian says:

"I think what she was suggesting is that your current body type is statistically more sought after by a certain type of lady, versus the rest, who prefer a natural looking man just as they prefer a natural looking woman."

what's your point? It's like saying "Ferraris are statistically more sought after by a certain type of buyer versus the rest who prefer a car that's more within their price range." Just b/c someone would rather spend their money on a cheaper car doesn't mean they wouldn't like to test drive a Ferrari.

bluesummer says:

"Okay:"

I was referring to the positive attention I receive from girls in that quote. Try again.

"Anyways, I'm not trying to be pc, just real. I know how women think and what they're attracted to better than you do....I AM female, as are most of my friends, and we all talk about what attracts us."

hah, like you know what women like. One thing I have definitely learned is to never listen to girl about what other girls like.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ok I`m the other one who is not attracted to a body like Yours. I assume guys who work out too much know at best just how to kiss their muscles instead of woman`s lips... And You seem to be like Johny Bravo, for real. Yes, there are girls who like guys like You, but NOT ALL,and for sure NOT MOST of the girls...
    If You don`t have `IT`You can work out 24/7 and You still stay just a big piece of muscle,nothing more...
    I wazzzz here

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I dated a body builder for a while when I was in my early 20s. I thought his body was beautiful, but only when he wasn't getting ready for a competition, when he would go on a crash diet to lose all traces of body fat. When his weight was low, he was a little scary, to be honest. He was over 6 feet tall and just a giant mass of muscles.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Neo obviously sees the hypocrisy in a lot of these posts just as I do. If I am correct, and I think I am, Neo had an average physique and body and at the same time a very low and humble love life. But after working out for years and getting a ripped body his "luck" with women changed for the better. Of course most people, particularly women, will attribute almost all of that to confidence

It's too bad people have to be hating on you. The guys want that body type but don't want to put forth the work, so they'll find ways to put you down. These same guys will put down the guys who have the social skills and suave to go to nightclubs and pick up chicks, labeling everyone who does so a douchebag when they are simply jealous and wish they could do that

And then the girls will try to claim they are not so shallow, even though it isn't that shallow at all. At least Tiay was one girl who would admit physical attraction and appearance is important because otherwise you can just be good friends

Pettit-Papillon says:

"Ok I`m the other one who is not attracted to a body like Yours. I assume guys who work out too much know at best just how to kiss their muscles instead of woman`s lips..."

nice!

"If You don`t have `IT`You can work out 24/7 and You still stay just a big piece of muscle,nothing more..."

haha, I suppose graduating with a 4.2 GPA, being accepted into the honors program in college, earning scholarships to pay 100% of my tuition and getting into grad school mean nothing since I'm "just a big piece of muscle, nothing more" according to you.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast