+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I stay or should I go?

Should I stay or should I go?

To cut a long story short I met a girl at a club and she has been my girlfriend for about 6/7 weeks. I asked her out a week later, mainly because she was pressuring me to do so and I wanted to see if things would go anywhere, but I did have some feelings for her but not really strong ones after all.

However we've been in a distance relationship for about a week now s we've both gone home from university. Ever since I asked her out she seems to be different, I can't seem to be myself when i'm with her because she just gets in a mood about things. Mainly sex. Shes on the pill but wants to do it unprotected, where i want to use protection aswell just incase.

I haven't had sex with her yet because I wanted to get to know her more first (I didn't want to be a dick and have sex with her then leave her if I didn't like her), and she knows this, but i'm starting to think there''s nothign more to know. I can't hold a conversation with her without it turning to something about sex and then when I change the subject she says im boring. I have fingered her and stuff but thats about it, she just sat watching the tv when I did it lol.

Even once when i was talking to her about my day she just told me "she didn't care", which was probably a joke, but I didn't find it funny as she was making no effort to converse what so ever. This was when we where out with her friends for the first time, and she didn't even bother to introduce me to them and they didn't seem interested in talking to me either as the one time they spoke to me was when we were stuck outside the toilets waiting for someone. Apart from that all efforts to include myself where ignored or given a one word answer. I felt like I was being dragged round to be honest.

I just think shes trying to change who I am by being in a mood when I don't do what she wants me to. She hasn't once asked what I wanted out of the relationship. She claim's she loves me but I'm affriad the way things are going, I don't love her. I don't want her to turn me into a guy who only cares about sex. Part of me wants to wait the 3 months til we are back at university so I can see how things go, but thats along time..
    "Im in love with the planet Im standing on, I cant stop thinking of All the people Ive ever loved, All the people I have lost, All the people Ill never know, All the feelings Ive never shown.
    The worlds too big, and lifes too short...
    To be alone...

- The The, Lonely Planet

Hmm..

You met her at a bar. Great place to meet people *sarcasm*.

She's pushing you into a 'relation'. Sounds a tad needy to me.

All that's on her mind is sex. She don't care about you, your day, your feelings.

Do I have to connect the dots or do you see them?

My advice: dump the twit. She's gona be nothing but headaches (have some T3 handy).

Don't be surprised if you dump her, that she starts emotionaly terrorizing you by phoning you, texting you, showing up at your doorsteps, even stalking you (prep for a restraining order so this gall knows you mean business).

That's what I think about all this.
    Last edited by Yggdrasil; 19-06-09 at 09:19 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yea after writing that out I kinda realised i'd basically answered my own question. But I thought might as well get a second opinion just incase. I talked to her and she said she is trying to change, but i said she shouldn't have to change for anyone, i guess that just reflects how needy she is.

as for the stalking and such.. I really dont need that in my life...

It's also quite funny she told me she's taken out a bet with some guys at the bar she works betting she won't have sex for 4 months (until she see's me again). As they aparently know what shes like? ha! I thought it was funny she told me that. Shes as good as Dumped.

Thankyou for your advice it is appriciated, keep it up!
    "Im in love with the planet Im standing on, I cant stop thinking of All the people Ive ever loved, All the people I have lost, All the people Ill never know, All the feelings Ive never shown.
    The worlds too big, and lifes too short...
    To be alone...

- The The, Lonely Planet

ugh just imagine how many other guys she's slept with no protection...
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    This is a girl you barely know who will have sex w/o protection.

YOU know you are a good guy, but how could she know this?

This is a First Class FAIL for her. For you also if you are actually dumb enough to continue to see her. Don't walk away from this one... RUN.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh