+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Girlfriend Not ready for Commitment- Help!

Girlfriend Not ready for Commitment- Help!

Hi all,

I am in a very strange and confusing situation at the moment. Me and My girlfriend are both 16 and she ended the relationship a few days ago. It lasted only 3 weeks.

I have known this girl all of my life as she lives a few doors away but about a year ago her parents divorced so I only see her on weekends. A month ago we were just friends. A friend of mine then told me that she had had feelings for me for years. I was happy because I had felt the same for years. So then my friend had been dropping hints that I liked her. We were then alone a few days later and she asked me do i like her more than a friend and replied "Yes". She said the same when I asked her. We then departed and she takes my phone and puts her number in it.

About a week later, I asked her to be my girlfriend and she replied "Yes." I knew she wanted me to ask her as she had told one of her friends. Everything was going smooth. The next weekend we had a conversation with friends and I put my arm around her shoulder in which she replies, "I was wondering when you would do that." She then rests her head on my arm. Our friends left us alone and then we had our first kiss. The next day, she had to leave to stay at her mothers house, we kissed again. The following weekend everything was going smooth. When she left to go her mothers house we kissed again.

Two days later, I went on MSN. She came on and we had a conversation. The out of the blue she says "I can't do this relationship thing anymore. I'm not ready for commitment......Can we be friends?" I have not spoken to her since. What do i do? Do i give her space? I don't want it to end like this as i know she likes me a lot. What I don't understand is where all of these feelings came from in such a short space of time. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks

I would say: leave her be till your feeling for her are gone.

It's impossible to be friends with someone you have romantic feelings for.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]