+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Failed the Test...

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    That's some shit.

you'd need it living in the states, good for you doppel
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

What the **** is wrong with people? Who sets a homeless person on fire, for Christ's sake? Damn, people are evil.

Aera, it's just one test. You'll rally. You have to.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    That's why I am building a savings as soon as I go back to the states. I have a financial plan for my future.

Doppel... I had plans for my future... I went from one thing to another these past two years.

My ex-husband destroyed my plans... that to go through a divorce and recover from that...

Then lived with my mother... who always had problems that siphoned away my money... finally got away from her...

Had roommates that siphoned away my money with their problems..

Then my mom returned... bye bye money again...

Then another roommate ditches me.. and I find out my mom had access to my bank account somehow... and I almost lose my car as a result... and I do lose everything else.

Now I'm having to live with my dad in the middle of nowhere... trying to make a future... again...

Believe me.. it's not for lack of trying. When I was married... we had $5000 in savings, on standby at all time... and I was trying to slowly add to it.

Take a look at my grades... so far... I'm a half-way decent accountant (in training)...
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    What the **** is wrong with people? Who sets a homeless person on fire, for Christ's sake? Damn, people are evil.

Aera, it's just one test. You'll rally. You have to.

Yeah... it's odd that those who aren't suffering are the ones who are vindictive... it was a group of teenagers that set the woman on fire... though they were never caught... not that anyone would care for justice for a homeless woman... right?

I am rallying... been hunkered down day before yesterday, yesterday, and the better part of today studying. Hopefully I'll do better this time around.
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Aeradalia View Post
    Doppel... I had plans for my future... I went from one thing to another these past two years.

My ex-husband destroyed my plans... that to go through a divorce and recover from that...

Then lived with my mother... who always had problems that siphoned away my money... finally got away from her...

Had roommates that siphoned away my money with their problems..

Then my mom returned... bye bye money again...

Then another roommate ditches me.. and I find out my mom had access to my bank account somehow... and I almost lose my car as a result... and I do lose everything else.

Now I'm having to live with my dad in the middle of nowhere... trying to make a future... again...

Believe me.. it's not for lack of trying. When I was married... we had $5000 in savings, on standby at all time... and I was trying to slowly add to it.

Take a look at my grades... so far... I'm a half-way decent accountant (in training)...
    Wow, you've come a long way. I'm sure you get back on your feet though. I've lived in bum **** nowhere before, too. Enjoy it while it lasts

You know, when I go back to the states, I have to choose a career plan. Education or International studies. If I go International studies, I might consider a minor in accounting.

How many semesters do you have left? You have fin. aid?

I'm studying accounting. I was scoring 90% or higher, and then this doozy. I think I'm going to spend the weekend rewriting my notes... make sure I really understand the 9 steps to the accounting cycle... credit memorandums... etc.

I have to succeed at college... it's all I have left... and I don't mean figuratively...
    I'm sorry to hear that Area. I can relate. For one of my subjects last semester I aced all of the assignments as well (High distinction marks) until the exam came and changed everything. Exam was made on purpose tricky covering half of material that no one would study (missing out on half of material that was covered on revision), most people I spoke to weren't sure if they were going to pass it or fail it. I'm pretty sure I should be okay (barely) but the marks haven't come out yet and it's a bit nerve racking.

Things sound stressful at the moment for you, it's phase and it will get better later on. Hang in there
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

I'm taking my Associates Degree in Accounting, which should be about two years... I'll be one step above bookkeeper... eh, lower end accountant... when I get out...

It's an online course (waits for the boos...), but it fits in well with my "schedule." It's organized into 6 week blocks with no breaks. So most of it is purely self-motivated. Hence the reason I spend so much time at the library.

Yes, I do have financial aid, but it's a student loan... so I'll have to pay that back. However, it's part of my contract with the school for them to help with job placement when I earn my degree.

If it looks like a raw deal... well it's ok... I'm used to it. Just a means to an end... use this as a stepping stone to the next tier. Anything to get me out of flipping burgers, waiting tables, or cleaning toilets.

This is also my second attempt at college, as my ex took away my car when I was in college the first time (he was very controlling... so I had no friends or family I could contact to help me out)... and so I had to flunk out. Then my roommate and mom almost had me flunk out of this attempt... luckily I had the laptop.

I've been living by the skin of my teeth for so long, I'm going to be toothless by the time I'm 30... sheesh.

Anyway... I have my dad and brother helping me out... my boyfriend has kept me in the right frame of mind... and I'll be able to see him for about a month before he ships out again. Though, now that I think about it... I don't have any friends here... but I'm a natural introvert... so I rarely notice unless I'm feeling very lonely.

I do enjoy the peace and quiet out here... it's a welcomed change to the stress, fear, worry, anger, frustration, sadness, despair, and self-loathing from the streets of Dallas. There wasn't any time for anything other than negotiating for my next meal... next place to sleep... didn't even have time to cry or be angry... just numb, motivated, and hungry...

- James Allen

Don't be so hard on yourself Aeradalia

You're doing great considering the circumstances. Look at all that you have accomplished so far.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It's an online course (waits for the boos...), but it fits in well with my "schedule."
    Online classes are better in a lot of ways. There's no drag factor, mostly. No friggin' idiot classmates requiring constant review of simple concepts, wasting your time, working your nerve. No expense on gas and time to go somewhere so you can sit in a room and hear a lecture you could easily see on video.

I'm a huge fan of online courses.
    Spammer Spanker

Moh ching, moh meng.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12