+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Freaking out over nothing?

Freaking out over nothing?

Help me out, please!

So I met this girl through some friends. I find out later from them that she really likes me. For the next couple weeks we comes over to our parties and I make an attempt to get to know her. We eventually become Facebook friends, and I get her phone number (I didn't ask for it. We were all drunk and texting each other and I guess she wanted to text me).

Sadly, the friend that I met her through got into a fight with her and she will no longer come over to our house. This happens before I can finally talk to her, and ask her out which was my plan. However, I start messaging her through Facebook asking for her MSN and all that fun stuff. Just to keep in touch.

We have a GREAT conversation over MSN one night and then all of a sudden she is texting me frequently. I'm pretty happy now. So we text chat for about a week and one Friday night she asks me to go bowling with her friend, and her friends boyfriend. I go but the bowling closed, so we ended up going to her friends house and we just chat all night.

Finally things are going my way. I'm so ready to finally ask this girl out! The Sunday after this Friday night this girl is going away with her work for a week. That sucks, but she tells me to keep texting her and that we will hang out when she gets back. Cool! Works for me!

While she is away we do text a lot. I anxiously await her return. On the day she is to come home I send her a text asking when she will be home, and suggest we should do something. She says she can't because she will be home late, but also says maybe the next night.

So the next day I text her again and this time even suggest what we should do. Get some food, maybe drinks. Now I get no response. Many hours later in the evening I just text her with "What's up?" and again nothing.

This was a few days ago. She went from texting me every day to... well ever since she came back I haven't heard/seen her and I don't know why. What could have possibly changed in such short time? Can anyone give me any feedback? I would like to think I was just freaking out over nothing. It's not like we are in a relationship and need to see/talk to each other every day....

Any replies would be greatly appreciated!

Ha ha, I am in the exact same situation almost, literally, but the girl I have been talking to has not got back from her trip yet. Seriously though, I thought for a second I was reading one of my posts.

I'm taking the 'not going to text her very much approach' so hopefully it goes better. Good luck. :-P

that is odd indeed. the term 'out of sight, out of mind' comes to mind. leave texting her for now and see if she responds. maybe there are big things going on right now and her friend that she is trying to fix. don't keep texting her anyway. tbh she has been rude by not acknowleging your 'whats up' text. so make sure you don't become someone she walks all over.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

I agree with ecojeanne on this one.

Break all contact. Let her come to you.

If she contacts you, don't jump onto it. Let her wait and ponder.

Grow some backbone there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This situation is just so strange to me! I just don't know what to do next.

I have decided to let her contact me... and she actually attempted to do so last night. She sent me a message on MSN when I was set to N/A. It just said "hey" but I wasen't around and never was able to reply until about 3 hours later. DAMNIT!
    Since the beginning of June I have had a picture of the two of us as my profile picture on Facebook. Last night I noticed that she changed her Facebook profile picture to a picture of myself, her and her friend. I'm thinking that if she no longer liked me she wouldn't do this!! So why am I having such a hard time contacting her? When I was originally told that she liked me I was told that she REALLY liked me. I just don't see how her coming back home after a week long work trip would change things....
    I have been thinking of talking to her friend about her, and seeing if she can shed some light on whats going on. It's just so crazy...