+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ok to date or marry and aunt in law

Ok to date or marry and aunt in law

Ok to date or marry an aunt in law? In fact the aunt in was just an aunt of my partners through marriage. I know it's not going to be popular with some but we truly are best friends and love each other we connect on a very high level.

chief

Not if you value family.

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    wait ... is she still your aunt in law? I didn't know aunts transferred through wedlock ...
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    in laws are always a touchy subject. if you move to another state though, no one will know you so it will be perfectly fine.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Um ick. I remember when I was in high school, and I was weirded out about my mom's advice to take my second cousin to the spring dance. I told some kids in my math class, and they were like, well that's legal. Like as if I'm taking him to my bedroom, not the freakin' gymnasium.

Eh, how old are you both? What is the connection here? Your sibling is married to her nephew/neice?
    Sometimes I worry about being a success in a mediocre world

-Lily Tomlin

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Second cousin can still possibly be blood, right? But isn't an inlaw through marriage only? I don't know ... I recall two brother marrying two sisters somewhere ...
    no autographs, please!

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Aunt of your partner? I don't get it. Are you gay? Are you already dating someone?

keep it in the family, you know?
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Ok, let me add some more info here. I am not married to my partner (female) we have two kids together. The lady is her aunt or x aunt really, she was an aunt through marriage, she was married the her uncle but has not been since 2002. I am 40 and she is 52. It's way beyond attraction and did not start off based on attraction, we grew to be great friends before any line was crossed, she is divorced and she is my best friend in the whole world, never been as close to anyone and been able to open up to anyone like I can with her. I love her and she loves me and I love her for who she is as a person and not for sex. I can get great sex from a lot of people this is far deeper than that and is true and real it's just that if we decide to be together it won't be at all popular with my current partner or some of my family I am sure. But I know what is inside of me day in and day out.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ???

So why didn't you say "is it okay for me to dump the mother of my children for her aunt"?? Isn't that a more accurate description of your problem?

And for the record, the answer is obviously no. Don't you care one bit about how your children would feel?

Blah.

eeeeeewwwww
    Gee..I thought I saw a pussycat. ~PCD

Oh so you suggest I should stay and raise them in a home where the mother and father don't get along and have not passion and no emotinal connection, is that what you are saying? It's not right to stay just for the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnc69 View Post
    Oh so you suggest I should stay and raise them in a home where the mother and father don't get along and have not passion and no emotinal connection, is that what you are saying? It's not right to stay just for the kids.
    Where are you getting that from?

She didn't say anything like that.

However, do you really think it wouldn't be traumatizing for your kids for their mother to be replaced by their mother's relative? Or anyone who had previously held an innocuous family position, for that matter?

If you don't love the mother and your relationship is toxic to the children, by all means, relieve that situation by separating. That's irrelevant to your question, though.

Legally and biologically there are no issues getting involved with her (the aunt).

Socially you'll be running into a lot of resistance because of taboo and stigma.

If you’re in a unhealthy relation or the relation broke down, it’s pretty obvious that if the relation can’t be salvaged, either partner will go their own way.

I think you should carefully consider if this is really such a great idea, especially since children are involved. Due to stigma and taboos, this may become really hard on the children.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Legally and biologically there are no issues getting involved with her (the aunt).

Socially you'll be running into a lot of resistance because of taboo and stigma.
    That's what I meant ... It's alright legally and biologically, but you're f*cked socially ... especially with those closest to you.
    no autographs, please!

Life is ... Too Short.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast