+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Become exclusive? Stop talking?

Become exclusive? Stop talking?

I'm 17. I met a guy on a website and started talking to him on MSN about 6 months ago. He is also 17, a few months older than me. He lives in Scotland, I live in the US. We hit it off really well right away. We've both known and have told eachother that we have romantic feelings for eachother, rather strong ones at that. Last week, he told me he loves me. I don't love him, I don't think I can really decide on that unless I actually meet him.

Problem is, he has a girlfriend. He says he doesn't really like her, though. He's always spouting off about how much he wants me, needs me, loves me, and lately I've just gotten sick of it. He can't be saying these things when he has a girlfriend. So I told him this last night. I told him we'd talk tomorrow (today) and he'd have to choose, either I became his exclusive girlfriend or we stop talking altogether becase its just too hard, wanting someone so badly when he's so far away.

So now we're not talking for 2 weeks and letting us both have some time to think. I don't know if we should start being exclusive to eachother when its not for certain if we'd have a future together (so far away from eachother, I'll be going to college in a year, etc). But I also don't want to stop talking to him... he's a really good friend and awesome to talk to, but I have such feelings for him that definitely won't go away if I continue to speak with him. I can't just dance around in limbo.

I haven't even begun to think about what I'd tell my parents.. (they don't know about him).

Anyways, can I get some advice? Do you think its worth it to keep talking to him? Should I cut it off altogether? Ask if you need anymore info to get a better understanding of the situation.

Cut it off altogether, this relationship is unhealthy.

Find someone local that you can spend time with in real life.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    Cut it off altogether, this relationship is unhealthy.

Find someone local that you can spend time with in real life.
    But... I really like him, and if we actually met I really believe we'd have potential to start a life together.

bahahahahahahahhahaha

Dude, you haven't even met this dude. This is one for the doomed internet relationships. [url]http://www.loveforum.net/love-advice-forum/25301-collection-doomed-internet-relationships.html[/url]

Plus, how the hell do you expect him to dump his real life girlfriend (i.e. someone he can make-out with and maybe grope a lil bit) for a computer screen? This is a fantasy. Go to college, date real life boys, and let him be. You're just lonely, but please, go socialize.
    Sometimes I worry about being a success in a mediocre world

-Lily Tomlin

I thought this was an online relationship forum, as in people discuss online relationships. Guess its just a bunch of bitter people.

We discuss real-life relationships online.
    Sometimes I worry about being a success in a mediocre world

-Lily Tomlin