+ Follow This Topic

Thread: broke up recently - please help

broke up recently - please help

First off, thanks to everyone and anyone who can help me with my issue.

I became official with my (now) exgirlfriend about a month ago. I probably fell for her 3-4 months ago. (we are both in our early 20s, college students, from Norcal)

Recently, she broke up with me I guess because she didn't feel the proper attraction or chemistry with me (we had a post-breakup convo and this is pretty much what I gathered). We get along extremely well, and we're very compatible. I make her laugh and I do sweet things for her. But she simply doesn't feel the right chemistry I guess.

FYI: we broke up on good terms. We are still going to hang out apparently and she just wants us to be really good friends, which we are.

Anyways, I've been TRYING to cope with this but I must say it's REALLY hard. I can't even imagine how bad breakups are for ppl with longer relationships.

All I can think of is wanting to get her back....but as I mentioned, she doesn't feel we have the right chemistry. In my defense, it was difficult for me to develop a good chemistry with her in the month we were official since, having already been good friends, I didn't know how to approach it. I wanted to take it slow for her. Of course I eventually was going to progress the chemistry/attraction/romance/physicality, but I didn't plan to do it as quickly as she apparently had wanted? Now it's too late, and she THINKS we dont have chemistry, even though I believe it's only because of the way I chose to interact with her for the first couple weeks (again - because we had already been good friends).

Is there anything I can do to fix this? I'm going to be seeing her a lot this summer since she still wants to hang out.

What do you guys think?

If this isn't repairable, what do you guys do to cope with these situations? I've never been this hurt.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this.

Perhaps you can read what I posted, titled: "Still..Again...Heart Broken" a fewer posts underneath yours. Although it isn't exaclty what happened to me but somewhat similar, I personally think that if it hurts you too much being around her then you should perhaps consider cutting contacts with her. I know it's really hard but in many cases, with time, you'll eventually get over her. Good luck

thanks for the response.

does anyone have suggestions for how i could get back with her?

Hmmm you can only try to be friends...I guess take things slowly and don't rush anything. Maybe you can win her heart back... Good luck

thanks NoMoreLove. And btw I read your thread that you mentioned...you're in a much tougher situation it seems, so I wish you the best and hope you can get over it. Good luck