+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What did he mean ... how will he react?

What did he mean ... how will he react?

If a guy says "it seems like work is all there is in my life right now" ... why is he telling a girl this when it so happens he is living with his girlfriend (and he eventually admitted it) -- was he trying his luck? Any comments?

How will he react? ... I left him a note on his car simply saying that I hadn't seen him in a while and after we talked I realized how glad I was to see him and why I enjoyed his company, but that because he has a girfriend I need to keep my distance and I didn't want him to think I was a snob for that. I just wanted him to know clearly where my head was at and how I feel. I know that the ball is in his court, but how would most of you guys react to such a note? Would you talk to the "other girl" who left you the note...?

Any comments would help. Thanks.

WTF? You have to provide a bit more info there doll...

What's your relation with him? What are you talking about?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I don't want to get into a big long story, that's why I left out a lot of details and got to the questions.

Basically, we are just casual friends. We saw each other communiting to work and at the gym and we talked/flirted...but we are both shy and we had other people in our lives at the time, plus work commitments etc. so nothing ever happened. I have been off of work for a year and we crossed paths but had not had a chance to really talk for a while. We just reconnected because I got a short contract. That's it in a nutshell and I'm wondering why he told me "work seems to be the only thing in his life right now" although he lives with his girlfriend. I'm sure he's aware of my attraction to him. Well he is now after the note. It was a very innoncent note (as I explained in my original post), but I'm just wondering how he might react.

Any other comments?

crazylovebug Guest
    Agree with the other person that it is really hard to give a good answer knowing so little. Based on what you said, all I can say is that (granted I am not expert) but still think that if you put yourself out there he will respond in some way if he is interested. At the same time all people respond in different ways, but again if he is interested in any way he will probably give you signs one way or another depending on what kind of person he is.

If this happened to me (granted it wouldn't) but if it did I would definitely go straight to the person who wrote the note and tell her I feel the same way if that is the way I felt.

I think that the worse sign would be that he doesn't really respond. One time a girl who I liked as a friend suggested we could go to a movie and I got the vibe about she was saying. I didn't really ever respond.

Hope this helps! Good luck!

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    That comment he made is far too vague to read into his happiness in his relationship. I think you are being a little presumptuous perhaps? Did he ever admit to having feelings for you? If not, I don't know why you're hitting on someone else's man.....just because you're single it doesn't mean you're free to go 'innocently' putting vibes out there and trying to break up someone's relationship.

I know if some girl left a note like that on my fiance's car, they better pray I don't know where they live.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    That comment he made is far too vague to read into his happiness in his relationship. I think you are being a little presumptuous perhaps? Did he ever admit to having feelings for you? If not, I don't know why you're hitting on someone else's man.....just because you're single it doesn't mean you're free to go 'innocently' putting vibes out there and trying to break up someone's relationship.

I know if some girl left a note like that on my fiance's car, they better pray I don't know where they live.
    Haha, I had the same reaction. Once you knew he had a girl, it should have been hands off until you were 100% positive he was available. Why would you even want to be the "other girl" in a man's life? You should not be ANYONES second best. So what, if he leaves his girl he'll settle for you? No girl, bad move.
    I'm my own damn hero because the only person saving me is me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

crazylovebug Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DelicateRose88 View Post
    Haha, I had the same reaction. Once you knew he had a girl, it should have been hands off until you were 100% positive he was available. Why would you even want to be the "other girl" in a man's life? You should not be ANYONES second best. So what, if he leaves his girl he'll settle for you? No girl, bad move.
    I still disagree. If you like someone there is nothing wrong with going after them, even if they are not single. It's just that there is a much bigger chance of rejection.

And if he did leave this other girl for u what says he will not do the same to you down the road. once a cheater always a cheater

not sure how he will know if your note was actually pretty innocent. If you said you are interested in him that is not such an innocent note.