What did he mean ... how will he react?

If a guy says "it seems like work is all there is in my life right now" ... why is he telling a girl this when it so happens he is living with his girlfriend (and he eventually admitted it) -- was he trying his luck? Any comments?

How will he react? ... I left him a note on his car simply saying that I hadn't seen him in a while and after we talked I realized how glad I was to see him and why I enjoyed his company, but that because he has a girlfriend I need to keep my distance and I didn't want him to think I was a snob for that. I just wanted him to know clearly where my head was at and how I feel. I know that the ball is in his court, but how would most of you guys react to such a note? Would you talk to the "other girl" who left you the note...?

I don't want to get into a big long story, that's why I left out a lot of details and got to the questions.

Basically, we are just casual friends. We saw each other commuting to work and at the gym and we talked/flirted...but we are both shy and we had other people in our lives at the time, plus work commitments etc. so nothing ever happened. I have been off of work for a year and we crossed paths but had not had a chance to really talk for a while. We just reconnected because I got a short contract. That's it in a nutshell and I'm wondering why he told me "work seems to be the only thing in his life right now" although he lives with his girlfriend. I'm sure he's aware of my attraction to him. Well he is now after the note. I feel it was a very innocent note, but I'm just wondering what he thinks of me now and how he might react. I know it depends on the individual, but what would most men do/feel?

Any comments would be appreciated.