+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: STDs, herpes, etc

In fact, it is so bad, that there's a special program within Health and Human Services called "IPP" (Infertility Prevention Program) which has a primary focus of preventing STDs from causing infertility. See, some folks have so damaged their reproductive organs through STD infections that they are becoming sterile.

Again, 19 million a year...out of a population of 300 million. Doesn't take too many years before every orifice in the US is infected.

Like Neo said...all you can do is take a leap of faith and hope you don't get anything...along with worrying about pregnancy, psycho disorders, other lies being told to you...Yeah "making love" is a real obstacle course these days

Yeah, condoms don't prevent everything. Herpese and genital warts can still be transmitted, but it does cut down on chlymidia, gonorrhea, and ofcourse AIDS. AIDS spread has gone down a lot since the 80s because of condoms, but I'm sure you already know that.

Be careful. However, upon contracting any of said diseases, most can be lived with and dealt with. It's atleast 50% social stigma that goes along with having such a disease.

Does anyone know about the hpv vaccination? I've heard mixed things. Some say that it's too early in the experimental process to know what kind of long-term affects there are. In some alternative news sources, some say they are already experiencing negative effects. Vash would be good to comment on this.
    Sometimes I worry about being a success in a mediocre world

-Lily Tomlin

HPV vaccine should be an option for females of all ages. I guess researchers assume women of certain ages have already been exposed to the ones that the vaccine is to protect against. Also males of all ages should be given the option, too. It's as if females get the virus from the air or some animal. It's approved and experimented on females but not males. Merck and eventually the other pharmaceutical companies can make much more if they can get approval to experiment on males as well.

Also to get approval (especially for the age group marketed) they had to present it as prevention of some cervical cancers rather than to prevent a certain STI. That may be one reason it's not for use on males. About a year or two ago, I read that it is not effective in males. I'm going off on a tangent.
    Last edited by lesa; 04-07-09 at 05:09 AM.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

FYI, the HPV vaccine has killed some people. They go into shock and die.
    Spammer Spanker

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't have STDs lastwish

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Yes, I had heard this, but was not sure on the details.
    Sometimes I worry about being a success in a mediocre world

-Lily Tomlin

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    I'm glad I skipped out on my last 2 injections then. My procrastination paid off [maybe].

Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post
    In fact, it is so bad, that there's a special program within Health and Human Services called "IPP" (Infertility Prevention Program) which has a primary focus of preventing STDs from causing infertility. See, some folks have so damaged their reproductive organs through STD infections that they are becoming sterile.
    I'm giving this a second thought. You guys know that I love babies.

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    I don't have STDs lastwish
    Lol. You would have to fly to Toronto.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by lastwish View Post
    If you guaranteed him pussy I'm sure he would.

Be careful. Remember that it's a lot easier for a girl to catch an STD from a guy than the other way around. I wouldn't blame you if you demanded test results before intercourse. If a guy is offended by that let him be. Why should you risk something that will be with you for life?
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Why would I have to fly? I live in Rochester NY, that's about 60 or so miles away

Just ask. STDs are rampant and the fear of offending someone is not nearly so important as your body.

And no matter what he says, use condoms. Even if he says he's a virgin, you have no way of knowing the truth and need to protect yourself. Condoms don't protect against everything, but they're sure better than nothing!

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    If you guaranteed him pussy I'm sure he would.
    haha. I would have to know DM better first. I want to explore different people but I'm not going around banging every living thing with a penis.

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    Why would I have to fly? I live in Rochester NY, that's about 60 or so miles away
    That close?! You've been to Toronto then?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    That close?! You've been to Toronto then?
    Mmm Hmmm

I might go up there with some friends later this summer as long as I have time

either way there is loadsa shit you can catch with a condom but at the end of the day they are not as bad as catching aids and can be looked after. guys are not gonna want to start getting tested (it would be great if it was mainstream to get people tested every year as law or somethin) but you're gonna have to chance it but make sure you're careful and make sure you get to know him a bit to know he's not whoring around

btw guys i'm always turned off when you lot talk about having been with tonns of girls in your youth simply for this reason. it;s kinda why i want to be with a younger man rather than a more 'experienced' guy coz i can teach him anyway
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 05-07-09 at 07:19 AM.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    either way there is loadsa shit you can catch without a condom but at the end of the day they are not as bad as catching aids and can be looked after.
    Wrong! Misinformation can be a killer. AIDS is simply the long term result of a weak immune system. There are people with a compromised immune system for reasons such as cancer, organ transplants, and certain medications. There are conditions such as exposure to hepatitis B, C and untreated syphilis that can get really bad. What is bad is defined by the individual. Some may say HIV is worse than hepatitis or untreated syphilis and others may disagree. Many people do not know they have been exposed to the HIV because they do not show symptoms. Usually it's the people who engaged in high risk activities and have HIV that experience symptoms of declined health. Of course, you don't need HIV to do that. Taking certain medications and having certain diseases as I stated above can mess your immune system up just as bad as this interesting virus.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast