+ Follow This Topic

Thread: what should i do? (reconnecting with someone)

what should i do? (reconnecting with someone)

well last night i was lying in bed alone, i couldnt get comfortable to sleep and my mind started to drift and i remembered that my cousin that i have not spoken to in years is going to be 20 soon. Then i began remembering what i did on the night that he was born....i was like six years old and my uncle took our family and his family to a restaurant to celebrate. In the restaurant I was sitting next to a girl the same age as me from my uncles side of the family- i remember our conversation vividly and we spoke about almost all of the major films at the cinema at the time (Moonwalker, The Dream Master, Bambi) for what seemed like an eternity.
    Over the next three years we saw eachother every now and then at family get togethers. We always seemed to have the same interests and we seemed to be able to talk to eachother for hours. We got along really well but we didnt actually mention it to eachother.
    Anyways i lost contact with this girl when i was about 10 years old but i always wanted to know how she was doing. I was curious to see what she looked like now so i searched my cousins faceboook profile and i found her profile from there. I felt somewhat sad to see her now as a woman, but at the same time excited. Now i feel tempted to sign up to the facebook website so that maybe i can try to contact her again and if things go well maybe i can take her out to dinner one night and we could catch up. However there are some reasons why i shouldnt contact her. Firstly my parents and i had a major falling out with my cousins family and i do not want to speak to them again and if i sent her a message she might go back to them and tell them. Plus, if my parents found out that i contacted her they would be like ''why are you doing this?'' I dont think they would understand.
    There is also a whole level of slyness that i would probably feel because i am going behind peoples backs to try to reconnect with someone. So im not sure what to do, i really want to see this girl in person again if that is at all possible- she is one of the only girls that i remember where i dont automatically think ''failure'' when i think of her, but there are also some reasons why i should not attempt to contact her.
    I would appreciate any views and opinions.

so much for advice on this forum (rolls eyes).

what the hell? She's family, you creep. Find someone else who's not related to you.

Try contacting her by sending a message like you said. I doubt she would tell her family but its worth a shot, if she asks why, tell her the truth and just ask how everythings going.
    Cheers, Olie843.