+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Long distance help!!!

Long distance help!!!

i posted this in the dump fourm but i wasn't sure which fourm to post it in so ill post it in here too......hello im a long time reader of these fourms but never got the courage to post but i have a BIG BIG problem my current girlfriend who i am madly in love with is going to away to college to south car. i am going to road island. its like a 18 hour drive to where she is. We've been together for over 9 months and shes had a crush on me (well i'd say more than a crush) the hole time we've been in the high school together. (with my luck i didn't notice till senoir year) but anyways i've talked with her about college and stuff like yeah we can call each other and things but i at the very most see her 4 times a YEAR for school breaks and 2 of those times are over a month. my gf isn't the tpye of girl to cheat and same with me my mind would go crazy if i even touched another girl (which is suppose a good thing in some ways). To be truthfull i do get jealous sometimes and yes ill have to just suck it up and deal with the fact that shes goign to be near other guys and stuff. My question is what are some things i can do to help the realtionship last through 4 years of college i know the odds are the it won't work but im willing to try, im prepared to jump off a bridge for this girl she means so much to me and i don't want to loose her. i am planning on having a talk with her about the whole thing (we've had mini-talks about it she knows that im a little scared but want to make it work) so if anyone has any advice on this thanks a lot!!
    Edit/Delete Message

Well, long distance relationships are hard, and while a lot of people can't handle them, I have a lot of friends at college who ARE making it work.

Sooooooo, I guess some things to think about, to keep the relationship interesting so you guys don't fall apart, are....
    -definitely talk on the phone a lot. a girl likes to hear from her boyfriend!
    -be understanding if she IS busy with school and can't give you all of her time (and visa versa!)
    -plan at least one trip to go see her. i know its an 18 hour drive, but maybe you can catch the amtrak or something--just bring a lot of books for the long drive it really shows you care and want to see her, and it might encourage her to do the same!
    -send her things in the mail! I remember getting the sweetest package from this guy friend of mine (had things off and on, but it just never clicked at the right time), and it made my week.

Well, good luck!!
    -Amanda
    Cinderella said to Snow White
    "How does love get so off course
    All I wanted was a white knight
    With a good heart, soft touch, fast horse
    Ride me off into the sunset
    [URL=http://dizzygirl.net]Baby I'm forever yours[/URL]"