+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anybody else feel particularly patriotic on July 4th?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Durian View Post
    You just described Melbourne.
    Dude, you really have no idea what you are talking about. Maybe you need to spend more than an hour waiting for a train on a regular basis covering a distance similar to Parramatta to Sydney cbd (in a well populated area) to understand what a "shitty underfunded public transport system" really is.
    Last edited by Mish; 05-07-09 at 10:03 PM.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    How about you take your attitude and shove it up yours, then grow up and admit your wording suxx, bonehead.

Here, maybe this will enlighten you:

The US engineering services industry is highly fragmented, comprising 45,000 mainly small companies with combined annual revenue of $90 billion. Almost half the firms in the industry have fewer than 5 employees. The 50 largest firms account for only 35 percent of industry revenue. Large companies include Jacobs Engineering and URS Corp., as well as the engineering divisions of large construction companies like Fluor and Bechtel. About 100 firms have more than $100 million of annual revenue.
    You're such an idiot- Just because the word "services" appears doesn't make it a service sector industry. A service sector industry means something more specific

The service sector- [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tertiary_sector[/url]
    Also known as the tertiary sector. See engineering? No

The secondary sector- [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secondary_sector[/url]
    Engineering falls into this category

Sorry but this isn't something that's debatable, except with the cranks and quacks of the social sciences

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Nice kit Frasbee. I have something similar from DeWalt. Is that 18 or 24 volts?
    The hammerdrill is an 18 volt, NiCd.

The baby drill is a 10.8 volt Li-Ion.

I'd like to upgrade to all Li-Ion but I don't really need to (which is what I keep telling myself).

Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    Dude, you really have no idea what you are talking about. Maybe you need to spend more than an hour waiting for a train on a regular basis covering a distance similar to Parramatta to Sydney cbd (in a well populated area) to understand what a "shitty underfunded public transport system" really is.
    The Belgrave Line still out after 8 pm?

I've waited more than an hour just to get a bus from Belgrave to Ringwood not a month ago.

But Connex isn't actually known for their pristine travel or maintenance schedules.

But I guess we all have this summer to look forward to. A few 43 degree days and we can watch them scramble like rodents while blaming everyone except themselves.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    indi you really don't have a clue...

as your sig says 'think about it'
    Why should I? Either you say where you live or you don't. Either I am right or am not. Shrug.

Point is, you wanted facts about Oz prices and I gave them. People living there agree. What is your problem, Eco, except you are being your usual stupid self?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    A glance at that wiki entry reveals several absolutely crucial pillars of a first world society. What's more important than education? Besides that, what's more important than healthcare? What kind of shitty place would we live in without journalists breathing down the throats of politicians and businessmen? Hell, what kind of shitty place would this be without waste disposal?
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

I've waited more than an hour just to get a bus from Belgrave to Ringwood not a month ago.
    You're talking about buses? I'm talking about trains. You can't even GET buses around here. And any nearest train station is within half an hour drive (this is for a well populated area still considered part of the city like Parramatta in Sydney). You simply can't compare.

You know when was the last time I waited for a train more than an hour in Australia? When going to Sydney from Newcastle (another city) at 9pm on a Saturday night.
    Last edited by Mish; 06-07-09 at 04:27 AM.
    Ask the wind for the way
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    getting paid while i drink.. that's what i care about.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    You're talking about buses? I'm talking about trains. You can't even GET buses around here. And any nearest train station is within half an hour drive (this is for a well populated area still considered part of the city like Parramatta in Sydney). You simply can't compare.

You know when was the last time I waited for a train more than an hour in Australia? When going to Sydney from Newcastle (another city) at 9pm on a Saturday night.
    Listen, I know the cities and you don't have to offer geography lessons.

I was talking about the trains ceasing on the Belgrave line every night, and their unreliable bus porting fix up to cope with their shutting down an entire line near indefinitely.

I can and I will simply compare.

Melbourne is growing rapidly. Sydneys growth rate is diminuished.

Connex is inept.

Fin

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Why should I? Either you say where you live or you don't. Either I am right or am not. Shrug.
    ignorant in both sense of the word. shrug.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

I can and I will simply compare.
    As I said, you simply don't know what you're talking about. US to Australian public transport system is incomparable, take it from some who's seen both. You're just trying to show off your penis and I'm not interested in it's smallness.
    Ask the wind for the way
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I thought Doc was from Oz... ?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    The service sector- [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tertiary_sector[/url]
    Also known as the tertiary sector. See engineering? No

The secondary sector- [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secondary_sector[/url]
    Engineering falls into this category

Sorry but this isn't something that's debatable, except with the cranks and quacks of the social sciences
    The three-sector hypothesis:

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three-sector_hypothesis[/url]

A hypothesis consists either of a suggested explanation for an observable phenomenon or of a reasoned proposal predicting a possible causal correlation among multiple phenomena.

But whatever, you're right, I am wrong...
    Last edited by Yggdrasil; 06-07-09 at 02:10 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ygg, just ask DM how many papers he's actually published in his claimed field (of chemistry). You are arguing with a 3rd year undergrad (i think, mbe 2nd year) who barely knows his his head from his ass. When he's stumped he will claim expertise via one of his parents who is some kind of engineer. That is the source of most of the opinions you are currently arguing. You can sense the regurgitation w/out processing, can't you?
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ygg, just ask DM how many papers he's actually published in his claimed field (of chemistry).
    What does this have to do with anything? I love it when you act like having published papers is a measure of a persons intellect and ability to discuss something rather objective like the economic sector of some industry. Having published papers means absolutely nothing in regards to either. But like usual, you will try dismiss someone or cut them down any way you can, regardless of how baseless it is

When he's stumped he will claim expertise via one of his parents who is some kind of engineer.
    If you reread these posts you would notice that is not what I did. I referred to the three sector hypothesis widely agreed upon by most economists. My parents did not come up with this

That is the source of most of the opinions you are currently arguing. You can sense the regurgitation w/out processing, can't you?
    My PARENTS being engineers is the source of my opinion for ENGINEERING being a secondary sector industry? Are you RETARDED? That's BARELY a fuccking "opinion" at all. Since when has stating a pretty much agreed upon fact been considered an opinion?

This isn't much matter of thinking at all. It's classification of an industry into an economic sector that is widely agreed upon by almost all economists and that doesn't necesitate saying "my parents are engineers!" for justification, which I didn't even do

But then again, you are always eager to accuse people of not thinking, despite your huge fails in multiple basic math and chemistry posts here. If you're in the mood for thinking how about figuring out that little math question I posted in another thread? It's not going to solve itself you know

-------

And seriously, WHAT got your feathers all in a ruffle over this? Do you DISAGREE that engineering is not a service sector industry? Are you ACTUALLY claiming that *I* am making that claim based on some kind of influence from my parents, and NOT based on it's generally unanimously agreed upon classification? What was your motivation for any of this?

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast