+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I don't know what he meant-help

I don't know what he meant-help

Hi all,

I'm in my early 20's and have a new boyfriend in his mid 20's. We are having great sex, really enjoy it.
    He went away on a business trip just yesterday for about 2 weeks or so on. Two days before he left he asked me if I was going to wait for him. I'm not sure if he meant:not having sex with anyone or not breaking up with him. I asked him why he asked me that question and he said something like he believes 2 weeks is a long time.

Thanks.

If you are in a new relationship I would have automatically assumed he's talking about not breaking up with him. But both of your thoughts go hand-in-hand so.....yeah.

Is he serious about this relationship? I am trying to understand why your thoughts would jump to the "not having sex" idea...

The relationship is about 3 months old, but we only met about 4 times.
    Yes it is a serious relationship, we made plans when and how to meet in the future. We live about 300 miles away from each other.However we kind of mostly have sex when we meet. It is now that type of relationship.
    The reason I thought he was referring to sex was because just that day he asked me the question he sent me a text message telling me that we would meet soon after he comes back from his trip. After that we chatted for a while and again he mentioned something about meeting up. If he believed that I was going to break up with him, why he said that we'd meet soon after his trip is over??? And another thing that made me believe he was referring to sex was that he said 2 weeks would be too long. Or he was trying just to check to see what I would do???

I forgot to mention something else. I can't edit my first post. Actually he asked me two questions: one was if i was going to wait for him.later in the discussion he asked me if i was sure I can wait for me. Then when I asked him why he believes I don't want to wait he said that thing about 2 weeks being long time.

We live far away from each other and only met every 2 week or ever 3 so far. So why would he believe that 2 weeks is long now?
    Last edited by luv_rocks; 06-07-09 at 03:58 AM.

May be he is insecure. Don't pay much heed to it if you really want to continue. Once he is back all will run smooth again.

Quote Originally Posted by luv_rocks View Post
    Hi all,

I'm in my early 20's and have a new boyfriend in his mid 20's. We are having great sex, really enjoy it.
    He went away on a business trip just yesterday for about 2 weeks or so on. Two days before he left he asked me if I was going to wait for him. I'm not sure if he meant:not having sex with anyone or not breaking up with him. I asked him why he asked me that question and he said something like he believes 2 weeks is a long time.

Thanks.
    Both...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by luv_rocks View Post
    I forgot to mention something else. I can't edit my first post. Actually he asked me two questions: one was if i was going to wait for him.later in the discussion he asked me if i was sure I can wait for me. Then when I asked him why he believes I don't want to wait he said that thing about 2 weeks being long time.

We live far away from each other and only met every 2 week or ever 3 so far. So why would he believe that 2 weeks is long now?
    You should ask him when he's back.

My guess would be that his feeling for you have become deeper (more intense) and he's afraid of losing you.

Of course, it also could be that he's projecting his own insecurities there. Maybe he's not very sure about himself?

Only he has the answer to that question.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    My guess would be that his feeling for you have become deeper (more intense) and he's afraid of losing you.
    Actually after he asked me the 2 questions I asked him "what if I wouldn't wait for you?" He said he hopes I would

Of course, it also could be that he's projecting his own insecurities there. Maybe he's not very sure about himself
    This sounds more about me than him, but I know he's concerned about the time I have to wait until we meet again. We don't meet every day, but every 2 weeks or even 3.

Thank you all.