+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: unrequited love, she now has a bf

If you don't lay down some barbed wire and heavy duty moat between you two, she'll think she can cross that line at her leisure.

Put up some walls. Don't talk to her or your mutual friends about how you feel about her. If you have to talk about it, find a family member or unrelated friend.

Don't let her in on your business. Avoid her whenever possible. Never be forthcoming.

And if she asks you personal questions, don't answer them.

A man is a man is a man.

You're John Wayne, she's just a dame.

Oh, and **** off the physical stuff. No hugs.

you stubborn ass......

Quote Originally Posted by Bumble_bee View Post
    you stubborn ass......
    He's being his own worst enemy right now.

He needs to be the Duke.

Be the Duke! Thrillaveza

Watch The Quiet Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Durian View Post
    He's being his own worst enemy right now.

He needs to be the Duke.

Be the Duke! Thrillaveza

Watch The Quiet Man.
    yeah, i know i might be a stubborn ass, but right now, it's how i am feeling. im sorry to disappoint if i go backwards. it's just me and her were good friends for a long time. if it were any of the girls that put me in the same situation, i would've gotten over them like that, it's just the fact that i want to keep myself together(even if it involves doing stupid things) and keep that good friendship going.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]so you lost a limb but hell, you will heal in time.

Bumble_bee was right.

You're a glutton for punishment.

Have at it then.

-I'm out-

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Durian View Post
    Bumble_bee was right.

You're a glutton for punishment.

Have at it then.

-I'm out-
    i've been in worst. this is just the beginning so of course it's going to be hard for me. but trust me on this, i'll pull through.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You're not even her PlanB. You're her *potential* PlanB. Ewwww.

Listen to Doc, he knows stuff. While you are processing this, meantime, don't take our word for it:

[url]http://ladderwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page[/url]
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

you guys are probably right. i just need time.

Thrillaveza,

I once knew a young hopelessly romantic fellow prone to idealizing his crushes and girlfriends. He had a good friend/potential lover throughout high school, college, and a good portion of his early life. That was just one of the reasons she hung around him. He exuded potential energy nearly every waking moment and while he was eternally kinetic for her, she saw him as a nice emergency battery top up and on a few rare occasions she recharged like a vampire and left him nearly flat but with just enough juice. He called that potential or even love. He was a great guy nevertheless, and she couldn't deny it nor relinquish control of the breaker box when others saw how great of a guy he was.

Then one day she called him up out of the blue and around the globe and asked that they might solder a circuit together in gold. He was over the moon and back with an ounce of stretched ore in either pocket.

She arrived and all was well until some number of days later, upon privately looking at the circuits schematic she had brought, this fellow noticed it wasn't a completely closed circuit and there were some pencil markings previously erased along the margins.

Then UPS started delivering large flowery bouquets of surge protectors, lithium ion batteries, and various colour coded wires alongside a packing invoice which stated, "Thank you for your past patronage. Apologies for the poor prior service. Please accept from us a lifetime discount on all products and services". They even included a complimentary plush linesmen doll from the arctic collectors range.

Soon after the service calls began. Seems she left a forwarding address with her last order.

The circuit could never hold a load after that and it was housed in the spare storage room alongside other disused and unwanted items such as archaic alarm clocks, old blankets, pillows, and camp mattresses for the remainder of her stay.

She continued to change schematic suppliers for awhile, but with every stated intention of completing that circuit. She continually attempt to solicit bids on the telephone with him, although no purchase order details or diagrams were ever FedX'd nor believed to be in existance by this fellow and he stopped doing call backs

Eventually, he lost all interest in bread board electronics and got involved importing and exporting designer consumer goods as well as building a market share in the local community. For all the basic workmanship of some of the gadgets he tried out and sold, there were some items which were uniquely well made and worth further investment.

After quite awhile, he phased out his middle man business and last I heard, was set to invest in just one perfect product expected to easily last a lifetime and exceed all expectations of service, if care and maintenance was applied.

I'd say his business is finally up and running strong.

Although he might have invested in cattle prods and tasers in his youth and gotten to where he is now a whole lot faster. I mean think about it, farmers need the prods for unruly cows, and the self defense industry and law enforcement agencies always need reliable deterrents from the criminal or criminally minded.

It wasn't his thing at that time. He was too smitten with his friend to consider making a good investment with his business.

So remember to take care of your business first, Thrillaveza. Friends come and go but well thought out investments pay dividends for life.

haha i like that analogy, or i guess story i mean. i know what you mean about me and my situation. i am too smitten over this girl, who probably saw me as a potential lover at a time, but now only as a friend. i listen too much of what my heart wants, rather than what i truly need. but i am working on that.

thank you.

Dude, stop torturing yourself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

an update

hey, sorry i haven't posted in a while but let me clarify of what is going on lately.

i did the whole NC it didn't work for me that well. it made me think of her more, and made me feel like crap. but throughout the weeks of this summer, the healing process has been doing good. but it doesn't hurt that much anymore. keeping minimal contact to her helped me accept it easier and in a more civil way. i started to message her once in a while (wished her a happy birthday last Saturday) but i kept it short and straight to the point.

i realized that i would rather have her a part of my life than not at all. from what people told me (close friends of mine), knowing her, she'll probably come around in time. but then yet i ask myself: will that be too long? or will i have moved on by then? i'll never know of the future so i can never trust on that statement. hey if anything, i'll be moving on and have found someone.

BUT i am actually planning to tell her how i feel though, i haven't set a date when i will meet her up or anything, but i do plan on doing so. i know i will probably wouldn't get the response i want to hear but, all i know is that i am going to hate myself if i don't. i want her to hear it from me straight up this time. i still have feelings for her, but if it's just friends now, then so be it.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Trying to think of the proper quote for this. Three come to mind:

Everything changes. Shit happens. Timing is everything?

I had the 'friend thing' happen. Timing was all wrong tho. We are still good friends but I had to learn to back off and not drag him through the e-muck. Hopefully, you will be smarter.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I really didn't have the patience to read this thread. I'll just make it short and say she's a bitch and you're an idiot.
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12