+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Date ideas

Date ideas

Ok so I am going on my first date with a girl in 7 years!!! I am really nervous because I have no idea what is the cool thing to do or what she might like to do. I just want to have a good time and be myself, but I'm really nervous that I'm going to mess it all up or just not have anything to talk about and make the thing all uncomfortable and awkward. I have been out of the game for so long due to a long term relationship, that I don't know the first thing. I figured dinner and a movie, but that just seems so traditional and boring. Please give some advice ladies!!! Thanks!

personally i'm a big believer in the movie and dinner. the movie itself will set up conversation ideas. and give you a few hours to get comfortable. then during dinner you can really start to get to know each other and figure out your likes and dislikes which will give you future date idea (meaning if she likes arts next time take her to a museum). if things go smoothly, if you are both still not tired and the conversation is flowing well, going for a nice stroll is never a bad idea. don't try to reinvent the wheel on the first date. go with the classics and things you are comfortable with. make sure to PAY! i'm a girl who likes to pay for myself but if a guy don't pay on the first date, to me that says he is cheap and doesn't care about impressing me. and remember to compliment how she looks. don't overdo it and make it sound like you are undressing her in your mind, one or two compliments, no consecutively, will do. she's gonna put in effort to look good so make sure she thinks you are impressed (even if you may not be). i hope this helps and good luck to you :-D

have a look at this thread, i posted a few ideas

[url]http://www.loveforum.net/off-topic-discussion/26544-suggestions.html[/url]
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Cool. Thanks for some good ideas. I think sticking to the old dinner and movie route will be good for a first date. Any tips on what to wear? I might go shopping with one of my female friends to get some ideas, but is there anything you ladies find irresistible in particular? Thanks for all the help!